chapter seventeen

It was currently Monday morning and I was starting school today. I was planning my outfit one last time right now because I had to leave in a bit. I had grabbed a pair of black stockings, a light blue high waisted pair of shorts and my Pink Floyd t-shirt. Together with a flannel of Ashton's and a beanie.

When I rushed downstairs, I put on my black Jeffrey Campbell's and an military jacket. I got my old leather backpack and walked over to Ashton. I kissed him softly, I was in need of it since I was really nervous. I hugged the other boys and said goodbye to Angie. 

Ashley smiled at me and then we walked out of the house over to Angie's car. We got in and drove over to school. Since we lived in Carlton, it was only a fifteen minute drive, so enough time for me to think about how it would be when I walked in to my new school.

Eventually, the car stopped and I saw my new school. Ashley smiled at me and then opened her door and got out. I did the same and got my backpack from the backseat. I put it on my back and we then walked over to the entrance. 

As soon as there were people, they all recognized me somehow. It was weird, but I guess that's how my life will be from now on. I just hated it when people would say that I was the celebrity, because I'm not, my brother is.

We walked in to the school, casually talking but I noticed everyone stopped and stared, I just shrugged it off while we walked over to the principal's office. Ashley said he wanted to welcome me and give me my locker keys and those basic things.

Once we arrived at the office a lady let us in and the principal himself soon appeared in the room. "Ah, Hannah." He said and shook my hand. I smiled politely, because he did exactly the same. "Welcome to Melbourne High School." He said and then a few normal things followed like rules, my locker key and class schedule.

"Well, since class is about to start I'll let you girls go and if there are any further problems then you can always go to the girls at the front desks at the entrance." He said, shook my hand and then he let us out.

"Let's go to your locker!" Ashley said and we walked through the few halls, people still looking at me but I found a way to ignore it. "Here's your locker." Ashley pointed to the one next to hers. It made sense since we both had the last name Clifford. 

I opened my locker and put some of my books in it. Ashley did the same and eventually some people walked over. "Hi!" Ashley said and hugged them. I guess these people were her friends. "Hi." I said to them and they all looked at me with a smile.

"It's so nice to meet you, Hannah!" She smiled and hugged me. I was surprised by her actions, but really felt happy that they made me feel comfortable in their group. I looked at her and she looked really pretty with her long hair that was obviously dyed red. 

"Hannah, this is Sienna." Ashley said and then she introduced me to her other friends. "And I'm Meghan and this is Thomas." I gave them both a hug as well, they looked like beautiful people. Meghan was really tall and really fit. She had long silky black hair that fell down to her waist.

Thomas looked really nice as well, he had black hair that was styled slightly messily, but maybe that was just how he was. He had an amazing smile and I also looked at them together. "They're twins, before you get confused." Sienna laughed and I nodded, realizing that's pretty logical since they looked really alike.

We talked a little bit more, and then the bell rang. I then followed Ashley to our first class and texted Ashton that everything was going okay. They were in the studio all day writing songs so maybe Ashton would lighten up if he read my text. Once we walked in Ashley walked over to her seat and I sat next to her, happy that all the tables in this classroom were for two people.