chapter six

I sighed while walking down the long corridor, leading to the big doors at the end of it. I was doubting if it was mentally possible for me to walk through those doors, but I had to. I felt Ashton taking my hand in his and it made me feel a little less nervous.

Michael on the other hand had been sweaty all morning. He had also already finished four cups of coffee. I understood it, after somebody had leaked Michael Clifford's sister story he had been uncomfortable all the time.

"I'm nervous." I sighed while saying it to nobody in particular but hoping Ashton heard me. "I know, we all have been. Especially Michael." He said to me. I nodded and made sure the sleeves of my leather jacket were neatly pulled down.

I didn't need another story about me published in Cosmopolitan, that was the main reason I had grabbed my aunts razor blade and cut my arms a few times, Ashton had found me laying on the ground, a pile of blood around my wrists. 

He cleaned up the mess I made and then put bandages around my wrists, he had brought me back to the the other guestroom and I had fallen asleep after a few tears. 

"It's going to be fine, Hannah." Ashton said and I smiled at him.

We had come to the doors and Michael walked over to me. "Ashton's right, Hannah, it's going to be okay." He said and kissed the top of my forehead. "We're all here to back you up when you don't know what to say." Luke said while we stood in a circle.

"Thanks guys, you are all great." I smiled and I hugged Luke and Calum first. "Well you're our sister now, right?" Calum said and I laughed. "Thank you too, Ashton." I smiled and he nodded, giving me a hug. Michael hugged me last, I laid my head in the crook of his neck. "I love you." He mumbled in to my ear.

We let go of each other and then it was time to go through the doors, in to the room filled with reporters, camera's and other important people. "Hannah, you should go last." Michael said and I nodded. 

The people were applauding them but went silent when they saw me, some people started mumbling and I just kept a soft smile on my face, I sat down in the middle with on my right Ashton and Calum, and on my left Michael and Luke.

"Welcome everyone to this press conference, there are obviously some things we need to explain and point out. But first, I want to introduce you all to my sister, Hannah Clifford." Michael said and I just smiled friendly and they started taking pictures.

"Michael has recently denied he had a sister on a twitcam." Calum said, and he looked at Michael and me. "But we're here to clear up the rumors." Ashton spoke. "So Hannah, if you'd like to tell your story." Luke said and I nodded.

"Around three years ago, Michael and I's dad committed suicide. There's no reason to mention why or how, so I'll just continue with my story." I said, I wasn't planning on telling these people my dad's life story.

"Our mother started getting in to going out, we didn't see her a lot, so it was really Michael and I on our own, together." I said and looked at Michael that just looked at me, softly smiling. He then continued our story.

"A year later, around two years ago, 5 Seconds of Summer had gotten more and more attention and we got the chance to move to London for our band. I decided to leave my past behind and let Hannah in Sydney, on her own." Michael sighed and I looked at him, regret was written on his face.

I looked at Ashton and he gave a soft look, his arm moved and now it was laying on my thigh, softly rubbing circles on it, a sweet gesture that made me calmer in just one second. I focused my attention back on Michael and I got closer to the microphone again. "You could say that he basically abandoned me." I added.