chapter sixteen

"Welcome, boys!" The interviewer laughed, while my four favourite boys walked on the the live television set. They greeted him back and said hello to the crowd. I stood backstage, smiling at them. Their manager had set them up with an interview to talk about their upcoming tour in a few months.

It was a totally different world then what I was used to, they had to wear makeup and while the makeup artist were busy putting powder on their face, I just smirked at them, feeling more confident than usual since I was wearing new clothing.

A black romper from Brandy Melville and black Jeffrey Campbell shoes that Luke had given to me, I was surprised when I got them from him. I wasn't used to getting gifts but I fell absolutely in love with them right after. I was also wearing a few necklaces and my leather jacket. 

It had been three weeks since their gig and we were just enjoying each others presence. I felt great and I hadn't been sad in those three weeks. I could just enjoy the few dates Ashton and I had, some more chill days and just the fact that we were connected again.

I was actually signed in to Ashley's school since I still had to go to school. School season just started three months ago and I would finish it here in Melbourne. It gave me an amazing feeling, the boys took me shopping for new clothing so I could go back to school in style. Including the clothing I was wearing right now.

I was starting school next week on Monday, so this was my last week as a free girls. Next week I would be back in hell all over again, just this time with new people and new teachers. I started to focus back on the interview when I heard the world 'girlfriends'.

"The papers say that only Ashton is taken, but is that the actual truth?" He grinned and the boys chuckled softly. 

Luke cleared his throat and spoke; "Well," he started and I frowned, what was he about to say? He moved his arm and put it around Michael, who almost immediately reacted and laid his head on Luke's shoulder. The crowd started to cheer and everyone was laughing.

"Just joking!" Luke then yelled and the fans started to yell and go crazy. "We sometimes like to give our fans their favorite bromances." He laughed and the interviewer continued. "Besides all this 'muke', Ashton." The interviewer motioned towards Ashton, who looked at him.

"You have a girlfriend, right?" He asked him and nodded. Ashton immediately looked over at me slightly. "Hannah is amazing, she's Michael's sister but we're really happy together." He said and made me smile, winking at me slightly. "She actually sang a song with us at our last gig!" Calum said happily.

"We have some of that!" The interviewer said and the screen showed a bit of video of me singing Everything I Didn't Say. I grinned and they cut it off after a few seconds, "And here she is! Hannah Clifford!" Everyone started to cheer.

I walked in and everybody got up, I shook the interviewer's hand and sat down in between Ashton and Calum. Ashton's hand was placed on the small of my back and the interviewer smiled at us. "Happy couple here, right?" We laughed some more and talked about our 'ship name'.

After a while, we started to talk about my school. And when he was done with me, they finished promoting their tour and their newest gigs, and then it was time to end it. Eventually the camera's got turned off, a photographer appeared to take some pictures of us and then we walked over to our dressing room.

"Baby, you did awesome." Ashton smiled, kissing me tenderly. We just sat there, waiting for a bit until their management came and told us we could leave. When we got home, Ashley was busy with homework and Ang was busy with preparing dinner.

It looked so normal, but the life we lived was far from normal. I decided to go talk to Ashley a bit, just to get less anxious about joining a school where everybody probably knew me as Michael's little sister, or Ashton's girlfriend.

Not just, the new student, or, Ashley's cousin.

"Hey." I said, as i sat down on her bed, she turned around from her desk, smiling and walking over to the bed, sitting next to me. "Hey." She smiled back and I spoke, hoping I didn't sound really desperate. "So what's your school like?" 

"It's great, I have this great group of friends I usually hang around with. I already told them you're going to be there next week, they were excited to meet you!" She said as she looked really happy. I was interested in her friends, in my old school I didn't really have a lot of friends. 

Well, I did, but I lost them when Michael left. "How many are there, and girls or boys or both?" I asked her, interested in the people I'd probably spend the most time with. "The same group I hang out with every day at lunch is like, five girls. And three boys." I smiled, I liked how she just talks so easily about them.

We talked about a lot of the teachers, that she asked if we could get as much periods together as possible and we ended up talking for a long time. "So what do your friends dress like?" I asked her as we had walked in to the guest bedroom and were looking at my clothing. I had three times more then what I had when I got here, pretty much all given to me by mostly Luke and Calum.

"Mostly that hipster and grunge style, you know the drill, band tee's and ripped knee skinnies. Combat's and leather, so your Jeff Camp's are amazing." She said softly while we were inspected my closet, I was planning on picking some outfits for the first days, so Ashley could judge them. 

Now I had this pretty much new wardrobe, I could invent my style so much more. By the time we got back downstairs, the boys were watching a football game and Ang almost finished dinner. I kissed Ashton before going over to the kitchen. I helped Ashley set the table, as we called the boys.

"Hey beautiful," Ashton whispered in my ear as he walked into the kitchen, it made my cheeks flush as I smiled at him. We ate dinner, and ended up watching some Friends for the rest of the evening. Ang was upstairs doing laundry, and I remember Ashton walking me upstairs, because I was half asleep.

He took off my leather jacket, as I heard a gasp escape his mouth.  I looked up, seeing he was looking at my wrists. "Ashton.. I promise you.. I didn't do anything.." I said getting up as he examined my wrists. What made him think I cut myself again? How stupid did he think I was?

"Ashton.." I sighed as I gave up, I sat down on the bed looking at the floor. This was stupid, I would've told him if I did and I had nothing that made me feel awful enough to go ahead and cut myself. I grabbed my phone and I heard him leave the room after a few seconds.

I groaned and took this opportunity to change in to my pyjama. I took something from Ashton's closet and then laid back in bed and checked my twitter. I scrolled through all the tweets I got. I had received quite some since the gig.

After a while I heard the boys getting in and I tried to be as quiet as possible. "I don't know Ashton.. Just tell her you love her and you didn't mean to say that." I heard Michael's voice. I thought about it, he told them. Did that mean he told hem about me cutting my wrists?

I turned around, sitting up and looking up at them. They were all changing and shirtless, not that I cared. Calum might be in his boxers, but we all know that Mike's the biggest. I walked out the room, smashing the door behind me and I then walked in to the bathroom. I was too late to close it since Ashton was already holding on to the door handle.

"Hannah, don't." He hissed at me, groaning. Surely annoyed because of my behavior. "What? You told them. You told them I cut myself!" I said, not yelling because Angie didn't have to know as well. "I didn't tell them your secret." He groaned and let his head fall back against the fall.

"The boys saw I was irritated so I said that I told you that you were a real baby." He laughed, making me feel even more ashamed. But thankful that he didn't tell anyone about my secret. I groaned and fell in to his arms. "We're really bad at fighting." I laughed and he kissed my forehead.