chapter seven

"We need to get her out of here before Michael wakes up." A voice whispered, afterwards I heard a loud sigh and then I opened my eyes, realising that it was Calum and I wasn't in Ashley's room. I felt another hot body against mine as I looked up, meeting Ashton's eyes. "Oh, hey." I said while I started sitting up straight.

I looked at my arms and quickly pulled the sleeves down more, and I looked at Calum and Luke who were hovering over Ashton's bed. "Hannah when Michael sees this you-" Luke started saying but he was cut off by Michael himself, who started stumbling over to Ashton's bed.

Ashton quickly unhooked his arm from around my waist as I started to panic, what was I going to tell my brother. "What are you doing in Ash's bed?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "It's not what it looks like, really." Ashton started saying as I thought of a lie.

"I woke up early, couldn't sleep anymore and when I went to the bathroom I saw that Ashton was awake too so I walked over and we chatted a bit, I was just extremely cold so he threw the cover over my body." I started saying, Michael just stared at me and Luke and Calum tried to not show how badly they were smirking.

"I know it looks bad but don't worry, nothing happened." I told him, Ashton nodded, "Yeah, that's what happened." Ashton said and Michael nodded. "Okay." He said and then left the room, probaply to go to the bathroom.

Luke and Calum chuckled softly as I got up and out of the bed, "And you two keep your mouths shut." I whispered to them. They nodded and I walked out of the room down the stairs. "I'm making pancakes." I yelled and walked down the stairs.

"Good morning Angie." I said as I walked in to the living room, where she had sat down with a coffee and the newspaper. "Goodmorning Hannah, did you sleep well?" She smiled, I nodded and walked over to the kitchen door. "I'm going to make pancakes, do you want some too?" I asked her and she shook her head. "No, I already ate breakfast." She smiled.

I walked in to the kitchen and started to pour myself a cup of coffee when Ashley walked in, "Morning." She said, groaning and I laughed. I gave her a quick hug and then poured her some coffee as well. "You weren't there when I woke up." She said. 

I was about to tell her why, but Calum burst through the door followed by Luke. "Where are the pancakes!" He yelled and I stared at them, raising one of my eyebrows. "I'm a Clifford, not your slave." I sighed as I started making the batter. "I'm starting, calm down." I said.

The boys sat down with Ashley and started talking about several things, until I brought them some pancakes and Ashton and Michael walked in too. "Hey there." Michael said as he walked over and kissed the top of my head.

I gave him two plates, one for him and one for Ashton. I grabbed my own and sat down at the table with them inbetween Ashley and Ashton. I started eating my pancakes and then Ashton leaned over to me, whispering in to my ear. "I slept great last night." He said.

I blushed and mouthed him a 'me too'. I could see him smiling sweetly with his dimples showing. I paid my attention back to the group and I then spoke up;  "What are we doing today?" I asked Ashley. "We're going shopping!" She smiled.

Shit.

Fun fact, I hated shopping, especially together with other people. Not that it happened a lot since I basically have no friends, but they would always make me try on things that I wasn't comfortable in or that showed my arms too much. 

I felt Ashton's hand on my thigh and he squeezed it, a gentle gesture that comforted me almost immediately. I smiled at him and he nodded, I just wasn't looking forward to it, but I'll just go along with it. 

"I'm going to get ready then." I said, getting up and leaving them with the dirty dishes.

--

We sat in the van on our way to the mall, hoping that it wasn't getting too crazy out there, people knew we were going shopping and my breathing was getting quicker, I didn't like being in big crowds.