Walk It Off

"How come you want me to stay at your place?" asked Barry as we enter my apartment.

        "I guess since we both are mad at Joe maybe we can talk about why?" I say earning myself a look from Barry. "Yeah I didn't believe that either," I say laughing. "I guess I thought you would run away mad, and... I hate it when your mad."

        "Now you know how I feel when you get mad," Barry says looking at me. I look at the floor as a blush starts to come across my face. I feel his hand lift my chin up so that I'm looking at him. "I like it when you blush. It's cute."

        "Observing much," I say playfully punching his arm.

        "Guess I am very observant," says Barry. "I know that when you're nervous you bit your lips, but that hardly seems to happen, which kind of shocks me."

        "How is that?" I asked taking a seat in the living room.

        "With all the meta-humans around, your not worry?" Barry asks now sitting next to me.

        "Why would I be? Sure it's a bit scary, but I got you-" Barry cuts me off.

        "But what if I can't save you?!" Barry says looking scared.

        "Well, I took karate when I was younger," I say chopping Barry on the shoulder.

        "Against meta-humans?" says Barry.

        "Hey! You never now." I say giggling. Barry wasn't laughing, he still looked worried. "Barr... if something was to happen to me... don't worry cause I know you won't always be there for me... just knowing you can help so many people is good for me, cause if you had to choose a whole bunch of people and me... I hope you pick them, cause a bunch of lives being saved is better than just one." I say with a smile. Barry didn't say anything, he just started at me. Then finally he wrapped his arms around me.

        "I will always be there for you Madison, even if it kills me, cause your worth it," he says. I couldn't help, but cry... but good thing they were happy tears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I woke up the next morning in my bed with Barry beside me still sound asleep. We were both wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I turned to my side and looked at Barry as he sleeps. I don't worry too much about meta-humans going after me because I'm too busy worrying about Barry. If something was to happen to him... I don't know what I would do, and Barry is right, I need to learn how to protect myself because karate isn't going to keep me alive against a meta-human. I must have been lost in my thoughts cause I didn't realize Barry staring at me. I let out a scream almost falL off the bed, but luckily Barry caught me pulling me back up.

        "You sure are jumping today." Barry chuckle.

        "To be fair you scared me," I mumbled. Barry leaned in closer, cupped my face in his hands. We kissed for a long time. His hands traveled to  my hips as my hands traveled to his head, my fingers going through his soft hair. I now sat on his laps, straddling him, still kissing. Finally, we pull away breathing heavily trying to catch our breath. "You're a hot mess, you know that right?" I say getting out of bed. "Let me change and I'll be right back," I say entering the bathroom. I come out ready to go . "I'm heading to S.T.A.R Labs," I said once I stepped out.

        "Well I have to head home and change, then go to work, but I'll see you later, okay?" Barry says kissing me on the cheek.

        "K, bye," I say and just like that he was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "What up!" I say entering S.T.A.R Labs.

        "Hello to you too," says Cisco. I did some paperwork at work, but it was so boring without some action going on when Barry is around. After a while I was talking to Caitlin and man did I need saving. The conversation we were having was going nowhere, but thankfully Barry came.

        "Sorry," I say as Barry grunts in pain.

        "The abrasions are already rapidly healing." says Caitlin.

        "Yeah, I got my ass handed to me." Barry chuckled.

        "You got blood on my suit!" says Cisco.

        "Our suit you mean," I say.

        "Yeah sure." say Cisco.

        "I think some of it belongs to me," says Barry. "Another not-so- friendly meta-human."

        "Danton Black," Dr.Wells pulling out information about him on the screen. "He's a bio-geneticist specialized in therapeutic cloning. Growing new organs to replace failing ones."

        "Apparently Stagg stole his research and then fired him." say Caitlin.

        "I saw Black create duplicates from his own body." say, Barry.

        "That's pretty ironic. The guy specialized in cloning and now he can make xeroxes of himself." I say.

        "If he was experimenting on himself when he was exposed to the dark matter wave released by the particle accelerator explosion-" Dr.Well is cut off by Cisco.

        "Meet Captain Clone," Cisco said cheerfully. We all gave Cisco a look. He needs to work on it. Cisco got the hint.

        "Don't worry. I'll come up with something cooler," says Cisco. From the corner of my eye, I see Barry get up to leave.

        "Where are you going?" I ask.

        "Joe was right," Barry says turning around. "I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast, but I am no warrior. Man, I could barely fight one meta-human, let alone six."

        "Barry," says Dr.Wells. "I understand today was a setback. But any grand enterprise has them. And we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times."

        "This wasn't a grand enterprise,Dr.Wells. This was a mistake." Barry says leaving the lab. This time I wasn't going to go after him. He needed to figure this one out on this own.

 He needed to figure this one out on this own