Getting To Close To The Truth

I felt a sharp pain, but nothing more. It felt like a punch to the gut really

"Ow!" I yelled in pain. I sat up and found Barry under me, rubbing his head. Cisco hurried to close the door.

"Not sure how long that will hold," Cisco informs us.

"Done being noble, Mr. Allen and Ms. Foster?" asked Dr.Wells. "Caitlin, get him to the treadmill. Cisco, bring the generator online. Make sure Barry gets the charge." Barry, Caitlin and I node our heads in understatement and ran down the corridor. Haft way down the corridor to the room with the treadmill, Barry pushed me against the wall.

"Barry, I don't think now is the right time to get romantic." I blushed.

"I don't get it. Are you okay?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, I feel fine." I quickly say. Barry looks me up and down. I can't seem to read his expression which is worrying me. "I'll tell you what. We'll talk about this when we don't have a mad man chasing us." I quickly tap kissed his lips before brushing past him. I already regret not telling him.

"No, I'm not alright! I feel sharp pains inside of me and not only that but I have similar powers like his!" If only I said that I wouldn't feel this horrible guilt in my stomach. I've been having it ever since my powers started acting up again, but I just ignored it. I can't tell Barry. He'll never forgive me. 

We finally made it to the treadmill and Barry wouldn't stop glancing at me. 

"I'm not healing fast anymore," says Barry as he winches in pain. "That's unfortunate."

"Don't worry. When Dr.Well has a theory, he's usually right," says Caitlin.

"What if something happens to Joe and Iris first?" Barry worries.

"Let's just have hope," I say, giving Barry's shoulder a squeeze. 

"Turn on the treadmill," Barry says wincing in pain as he stood up from where he was sitting.

"You're still hurt, Barr!" I state.

"We don't have much time!" says Barry as he holds onto the treadmill. I look over at Caitlin, seeing her deciding on rather she should turn the treadmill on or not.

"Caitlin!" Barry yelled.

"I can't!" Caitlin yells back.

"We don't have a choice." says Barry, trying to stay calm.

"If I turn this on, it could kill you." defends Caitlin.

"If you don't, we could all die." counters Barry.

"I already lost someone I cared about in this building. I can't do it again." Caitlin says.

"Listen, someone once told me that I was struck by lightning for a reason, that it chose me. I'm not sure I believe it. Right now, it doesn't matter what I believe. What do you believe?" says Barry. Caitlin still hesitates. I let out a sigh knowing what I have to do. I cupped Barry's face in my hand before giving him a long kiss. Barry was shocked at first and stiffened, but then loosen into the kiss.

"Sorry," I whispered as I pulled away. I quickly ran to Caitlin side and pulled the lever to the treadmill. Electricity run up Barry's arm, shooting him across the room. 

"My God, are you okay?" Caitlin yelled, running to his aid.

"Did you feel anything?" I asked as I helped him sit up.

"It didn't work." Barry sighed as he tried to vibrate his hand.

"Shoot! Okay um... plan B?" I suggest.