A Hero

"What were you thinking having them out here?" Joe yells at Barry. "And I told you when you see danger run the other way! You are not a cop!" Joe yells at Iris. Now really looking at her.

        "Well, that's because you won't let me." Iris points out.

        "You're damn right!" he says. I can tell Barry is dying to tell Joe something.

        "Hey, Iris I think you should go over to the cops and tell them what happen," I say.

        "Fine" Iris says after deciding. She starts walking but then turns around. "You coming?" she asks.

        "Um... in a sec," I say. She leaves and I turn to Joe. "Okay, we need to talk to you, Joe," I say.

        "It can wait," Joe begins, but Barry cuts him off.

        "No, now," Barry says, walking a bit. Joe and I follow until Barry thinks wherein a good place to talk.

        "I know who did this," Barry says earning himself a questioning look from Joe. "It was Clyde Mardon." Joe sighs and rolls his eyes."Okay, I know everyone thinks he died in the plane crash after the S.T.A.R Labs explosion, but he is still alive." By the look on Joe's face, he didn't believe what Barry was saying.

        "Something happened to him that night," I say.

        "I-I think he can control the weather," Barry says. I can see Joe getting even madder by the second. I see Iris walking over.

Good someone to save me! I thought. "Brb," I say walking away. I walk over to her and she gives me a sideways look. "What?" I ask.

        "What are they talking about?" I wasn't sure how to answer to that. "Um..." I try to think of something to say, but I was cut off by what Joe yelled.

        "Yes, he did! Your dad killed your mother, Barry!" I can't believe Joe said that! Iris and I start walking to Joe and Barry.

        "Dad, enough!" Iris yelled.

        "How could you say that!" I yell, 100% losing my cool. "You know that isn't true," I say with anger in my voice. Barry places a hand on my shoulder as if telling me it was okay, but it wasn't.

        "I have done my best to take care of you since that night, and I never asked you for anything in return, not even a thank you, but what I do ask now, is that you for once in your life, see things as they are." Joe says. Barry says nothing and walks away.

        "Barry?" I call, but he doesn't turn around.

        "Barry!" I yell, running after him. I slip my hand into his and look up at him.

        "What?" Barry says a bit bitter.

        "Hey, I took your side," I say a bit offended. Kindness sweep over his face and he look at me.

        "Sorry... it's just..." Barry begins, but he couldn't finish.

        "It's fine. I get it." I say. We walk for a bit longer. "Where are we going anyway?" I ask.

        "S.T.A.R Labs," Barry says as if the answer was obvious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        We walk into S.T.A.R Labs to find Caitlin, Cisco, Dr.Wells talking among each other. "I wasn't the only one affected by the particle accelerator explosion, was I?" Barry asked. Funny looks walked among their faces as they looked at one another.

        "Well?" I ask.

        "We don't know for sure." say Dr.Wells.

        "You said that the city was safe, that there was no residual danger, but that's not true, so what really happened that night?" Barry ask.