I Know The Feeling

Barry came back with Bette luckily all in one piece by the looks of it. I happily introduced myself to her.

"Hi, you must be Bette. My names Madison." I greeted her. Remembering her 'bombing' hands, I restrained myself from holding out my hands to shake. Bette looked unsure and scared by my approach. I'm guessing she's not used to that. "Hey, it's , fine. Here in S.T.A.R Labs, you can trust us." I smiled. Surprisingly Bette smiled back. I feel a new friendship coming into play.

"As the detonation dispersed throughout Central City." begins Dr.Wells gaining our attention. "A number of people were exposed to a wave of unquantifiable energy. One of those people was you."

"You were in Central City ten months ago?" I asked. Bette nodded.

"I had just returned from Afghanistan. I was defusing roadside bombs and Shrapnel ripped through me. I was flown back stateside. Spent months at the base recuperating and next thing I know, became the thing that almost killed me. And Eiling's favorite, new lab rat." Bette said sadly. Leaving Barry's side, I placed a hand on Bette's shoulder for comfort. Of course Bette winched, but when she saw it was me she let out a shy smile.

"The dark matter must have combined with the bomb particulate inside your body," says Caitlin. I node in agreement. Looking over at Caitlin I noticed Cisco staring at Bette with big googly eyes. I had to hold back a laugh which was pretty hard, but I managed.

"I thought Eling did this to me?" Bette said, confused. 

"Eiling is not smart enough to create someone like you." says Dr.Wells.

"Clever enough to see your value." I sighed.

"Do you know of any others who were changed?" Bette asked looking over at Barry and me.

"They've been a few," I said, remembering all the meta-humans we came across.

"But no one that looks like you," says Cisco, staring at Bette. Both Caitlin and Bette shared a disgusted look, while I, on the other hand, was glaring at Cisco deciding on whether to slap him or electrocute him. Barry chuckled and shook his hand at Cisco comment. "I'm sorry. That was inappropriate." Cisco said shamefully. "Please don't leave."

"I know how to perform a lobotomy," Caitlin said coldly. I chuckled at Cisco's scared face. Oh, Cisco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Her cellular structure's unlike anything I've ever seen," says Dr.Wells. 

"Her nitrogen levels are off the charts," says Cisco.

"Do you think we can help her?" Barry asked.

"To answer that question, we have to understand how she works, and to understand that, first we have to study her action." replies Dr.Wells.

"Wait, so you want her to blow stuff up?" I asked.

"Yes, now were talking." Cisco cheered. 

"Not in here." Dr.Wells points out. "She's too unstable."

"I know." replies Cisco.

"I know, you know," says Dr.Wells. I left Barry, Cisco, and Dr.Wells and went to the room Caitlin and Bette were in.

Bette sat on the medical bed while Caitlin started to give her a meta-human check up. I tried making conversation with Bette which was hard at first.

"Hey," I said as I enter the room. She looked up at me and faked smiled then looked back down at her dangling feet. I sighed as I sat next to her. I look over at Caitlin who was on the other side of the room. "I know how it feels," I whispered. Bette laughed bitterly.

"Trust me, you don't,"Bette said shaking her head.

"Trust me, I do." I sighed. I looked at Caitlin who wasn't looking at us. I then raised my hand and it lite blue with electricity. Bette gasped and I completely put the light out as Caitlin turned around. She raised and eyebrow at us. I smiled indecently at her and she shrugged, turning back around.

"They don't know?" Bette whispered.

"The less they know, the better." I sighed. Bette nodded

"Trying to keep them safe, huh?" Bette asked tilting her head a bit.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p.' I don't know why I told Bette, I guess I just thought Bette should know she wasn't alone on this. That I know the feeling to be careful on what and who I touched. 

"At least you can touch them and they wouldn't blow up." Bette sighed. Caitlin came over then with her tablet. "So this is your life now, huh? Testing people like me? Stopping people like me." Caitlin looked up at her tablet and looked at Bette sad face.

"It's not I thought I'd be doing," Caitlin said.

"Actually, aside from Barry, you're the fist meta-human that we've tested," I tell her.

"Meta-human?" Bette asked.

"It's just a term." I shrugged. "You'll get used to it." Bette smiled, and this time it wasn't fake. As Bette and I shared a smiled I noticed something that was hiding under Bette's jacket. I pushed her jacket aside to see that she was shot.

"Oh, my God!" I yelled. "What happened? Why didn't you say that you were shot?" I asked as I grabbed a pair of tweezers.

"It just grazes." Bette shrugged. I pulled it out, but I knew something was up with it.

"It's a tracker!" I called out to the guys in the other room.

"Lock down the pipeline and get Bette out of here," Dr.Wells said as Caitlin quickly grabbed Bette from under her arm and guided her to the exit.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'll take care of Eiling." Dr.Wells replied calmly. Barry grabbed my hand and we ran after the others.

"Where to?" I asked.

"S.T.A.R Labs van," Cisco replied.

"Shoot gun, I call it," I said nudging Barry in the ribs.