Happy B-Day

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A high pitch scream is given from Piper causing me to fall out of bed. I yelped, as I went rolling off of bed. Of course, I hit my head on the floor, hearing a loud echo from the thud.

"Ow!" I mumbled in pain.

"We weren't superposed to kill Tía Maddy," Audrey said quickly running to my side. She grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"Thanks." I smiled. I looked over at Piper to see her and Connor laughing. "Piper, you're rubbing off on Connor and that's not a good thing."

"Oh, come on. Having another one of me would be awesome," says Piper.

"Please! Having another one of you is basically having the world end!" I laughed.

"Love you," Piper replied.

"Love you too." I smiled giving her a hug.

"I'm not even going to ask." mumbles Connor.

"Anyway, happy birthday," Audrey says clapping her hands. "You guys know the drill." I smiled and quickly got back into bed, right under the covers. 

"Okay, guys. Line up and give mama the gifts." I say rubbing my hands. Man, I missed this. Before I basically went off the grid from my family, we used to have birthdays when the birthday boy/girl stayed in bed while everyone else in the household lined up and gave them gifts. Whoever gives the best gift gets the honor of not having to pay for the birthday dinner. The best part of the day if you ask me.

"Okay, me first!" Audrey yelled, handing me a small wrapped box with a light blue ribbon on top. I quickly unwrapped it and inside is a cute little camera mug.

"It's so cool," I yelled, turning it around in my hand. "How did you know that I wanted this?" I asked giving her a hug.

"I have my ways," Audrey said, flipping her hair.

"Okay never do that again," states Connor. Audrey just rolls her eyes and sits on the other side of the bed.

"Okay, next."

"Me," says Connor handing me a smaller box. No ribbon so I'll have to take some points off for that. I rip off the red wrapping paper and in the box is a Baymax POP! keychain.

"It's so cute!" I cooed holding it up by the chain, watching it spin around."Thank you Connor." I pulled him into a side hug and he then laid down at the foot of the bed, proud of his gift. 

"Okay, me next," says Piper handing me a box with pink wrapping paper and a blue ribbon. I quickly unwrap it and inside is a bundle of bubble wrap. I laugh uncontrollably as I pop them.

"I love bubble wrap. Thanks, Piper! Looks like your the winner." I say.

"Your kidding, right?" asked Audrey dumbfounded.

"This is a joke, right?" asked Connor.

"Face it, kids. You got to step up your game if you really think you can beat me at my own game," says Piper as she walks over to the door. It's true. She did make this game up when we were little. "Oh and you guys better have a lot of cash in your wallets cause I'm ordering big tonight for dinner," says Piper as she leaves. Both kids sigh and leave the room as well.

"Thanks again!" I call out as they left. I laid back in bed under the covers. I'm pretty sure they hate me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake again to Piper, but this time with Piper yelling "BARRY'S HERE!" along with jumping on top of me.

"Get off of me!" I yelled tiring to get her off of me.