First Mission

A friend of mine ScarlettBlade0709 was kind enough to draw this picture of Madison and I think it came out amazing. Feel free to tell me what you think and enjoy this new chapter in the new year.

"I don't need a check up. What am I, ten?" I asked as Barry and I walked down the corridor to Eddie's room in the hospital. Barry decided to buy some flowers on the way, so he would shift them to one hand to another as we walked.

"What makes you think a ten-year-old is the only one who gets check ups?" Barry asked, raising his eyebrow.

"What adult have you heard ever say that there going to get a check up," I asked.

"Well... not a lot, but you're getting a check up." Barry states.

"Fine!" I sighed dramatically as we stopped at Eddie's door. "But only from Caitlin."

"Why Caitlin?" Barry asked.

"The real question is, why not Caitlin?" I state.

"It's because it's free, isn't it," Barry asked.

"What nooooooo!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Dork." Barry laughs.

"The difference is you love me." I giggled as I knocked on the door before opening it. Eddie laid in bed with Joe and Iris beside him.

"Hey, Allen. Hello, Madison." Eddie said sleepily.

"Hey, Eddie." Barry and I reply. Barry hands Iris the flowers and she places them into a vase near his bed.

"Flowers. That's so nice." Eddie giggles.

"Where were you all night?" Iris asked Barry.

"Home, trying to eat all the ice cream before it melted." explained Barry as a cover up.

 "I love ice cream." Eddie laughs.

"How come Eddie's acting drunk." I giggled.

"He's on pain meds, lots of them, but he's gonna be okay." explains Iris.

"It's been some night." I sighed.

"I'm gonna get some coffee." says Iris.

"Let me come with you," I say as I join her by the door. We both walked down the corridor towards to coffee makers.

"So how has your birthday been?" asked Iris.

"Eventful." I laughed.

"I bet it was," Iris said as she poured he cup of coffee. "Promise to come by my dad's so I can give you your gift."

"Promise." I smiled. I gush of wind blows my hair in all different directions. I turned around to see The Flash by the windows.

"Oh, now you show up." Iris bitterly laughs.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you today." The Flash apologizes. "It couldn't be helped."

"It's okay," replies Iris. "A girls got to be her own hero every now and again."

"I promise I'll never be late again." says The Flash.

"My best friend is always saying that, and he is always late." says Iris.

"It's kind of what he does." I agree.

"You're both worth being on time for." The Flash says before disappearing. Both Iris and I returned to Eddie's room with wide smiles on our faces.

"You girls all right?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"You forgot your coffee," says Joe. We both looked down at our hands to see no cups of coffee in them. Iris gives them a nervous smile while I let out a nervous laugh.