Time Will Tell

"Why is she tagging along?" Oliver asked over his shoulder.

"I have a name, Oliver." I inform him as I follow Oliver and Barry into the building. The police department of Staring City.

"She wanted to come along to refresh her mind." says Barry.

"Refresh her mind?" Oliver ask.

"Yeah. I just can't seem to think straight. I have a lot of things on my mind." I sigh.

"Like what?" Oliver ask.

"For starters I haven't felt like myself after that fight in the ally. With that whole neon sign and that stupid fight that left me with a nasty scar. Not only that, but I think I meet a crazy lady on the train. Not really 100% sure tho. Felt more like a dream. I also want to tell Barry I'm Spark, but I don't want to lose him." I thought. "My piece of the article is going nowhere. Just need to rewind in order to write better." I tell them, instead. We keep walking and wonder across a women and a men talking.

"Dad, I absolutely understand, but my boss wants answers on what the department is doing about the rash of b&es on the south side." says the girl. She has long dirty blond hair and pretty eyes.

"Well, you can tell 'em I got a whole squad on it, but it can only move so fast!" says the man as he sips on his drink.

"Hey, Laurel." says Oliver. "Detective-- Captain--Cap--Captain--sorry." Oh that's Laurel. I heard about her a bit about her from Felicity. 

"Don't worry about it." says Captain Lance. "It's been a while."

"Is everything okay?" says Laurel.

"Oh, it's fine. This is, uh,"

"Ah, Bart Allen, right?" Captain Lance cuts Oliver off. I try hard to hold back a laugh by biting the inside of my cheeks. Hurts, but helps. "You get hit by a bus or something?"

"Barry." Barry corrects him. "It was by lightning."

"Huh. Ow." Captain Lance looked over at his daughter. "We worked together on a case last year." he explained.

"Who are you?" Laurel ask, looking towards me with a polite smile.

"Oh, I'm Barry's girlfriend. I'm Madison." I smiled back.

"Barry and Madison are both friends." says Oliver. "Barry's here in town with the Central City police department and I was hoping that you could help with- he'll explain."

"Oliver, can I talk to you for a moment?" Laurel ask.

"Yeah." replies Oliver. Both Oliver and Laurel then both walked off to the side, leaving me, Barry, and Captain Lance to talk.

"I'm looking to track down a suspect you apprehended last year. Um Klaus Markos. You know where we might be able to find him?" Barry ask. "None of his last knows are checking out."

"Well, I don't really keep up on the skels I busted walking the beat, you know? I'm not real sentimental that way." says Captain Lance. Barry let out a light laugh.

"Okay. Uh, what did you arrest him for?" Barry ask.

"Um-mm he was using some gizmo to steal credit card numbers for the bratva. Russian mob." says Captain Lance once he remembered. 

"Okay." Barry nodded. From the look on his face I think that he got everything he needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Barry, Oliver, Roy, and Diggle went out to get some information I sat in the cave with Felicity, Caitlin, and Cisco. Lyla, I believe is on her way. I grabbed my laptop and started writing again. This time my words seemed to come naturally to me. As I'm almost done with my piece of the article Cisco specks up.