Man Of Steel

"So, what am I doing here again?" I asked as I took a sip from my coffee, leaning back while kicking my legs up on top of the table. At the moment we were in the famous coffee shop Iris works in, CC Jitters. Iris walks over to me pushing my legs off the table, taking a seat next to me with her lap top.

"You just got a new job as Central City's reporter or something, right?" Iris asked.

"Yeah, something like that." I chuckled.

"Well, I was hopping you'll read over this," Iris shows me her laptop with the page I'm guessing she is going to upload for her blog. "And tell me if it's good."

"Sure." I quickly skim through it and give Iris a nod to tell her it's good. It was basically a thank you note to the Streak, and before you ask "Why are you helping Iris?" Well that's because this girl wouldn't listen to reason! Barry and I can't get the thought to her with the whole 'danger of the blog', but by now I gave up. The second Iris presses send Barry, wait sorry, the Streak came in.

"Your welcome." Is the first thing he says while dashing both me and Iris onto the roof, vibrating his vocal cords. Once his eyes meet mine, his expression showed he knew he made a big mistake. I told him not to see Iris, but just like Iris, Barry also doesn't listen to reason. We might be boyfriend and girlfriend, but later on, I'm going to hurt Barry for being so stupid sometimes.

"How did you- I just hit send." Iris said, out of breath.

"Speed reading." Barry summed up.

"It's crazy what you do to your voice." Iris admires.

"You need to stop writing your blog." says Barry or Streak... you know what I'll just stick with Barry 'cause Streak isn't very catchy.

"Tried that," I mumbled into my cup. Iris gave me a look and turned back to Barry who moved using his speed.

"People need to know that you exist," says Iris. Just then Iris phone rings, but she just hung up on whoever it was. "What else can you do?"

"This is not an interview," Barry said, moving again.

"Yeah, that's my job." I joked, now standing next to Iris.

"Come on," Iris complained. "You got to give me something. Hobbies, pet peeves, favorite color? Wait, scratch the last one. Red, duh, obviously." Iris rambled.

"You're not hearing me," Barry complained.

"She tends to do that." I joked. Iris playfully pushes me and brings her attention back to Barry.

"My hearing is fine." Iris defended. "It's just selective. What should we call you?"

"Anything, but The Streak." replies Barry.

"Fine." Iris agreed.

"Suggestions?" I asked.

"You said you were writing about me to bring hope to someone you care about." Barry says ignoring what we asked. "How would he feel if doing that put you in harm's way?"

"He and I aren't exactly on the same page these days." Besides, you're giving hope to lots of people, so I'm doing this for them." says Iris. There's a faint sirens blaring in the background. I look over to Barry.

"To be continued. Gotta runs." and with that, he's gone.

"Hey!" You can't just leave us up here!" Iris called out. Just when Iris shouted that Barry came back speeding us back into the coffee shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to go to S.TA.R Labs and tell them the good news I had so I left Iris and hurried over there. I saw Cisco and Caitlin outside of S.T.A.R Labs and ran over to them.