Bad News

"It's in my heart. It's in my body.It must be love. Starts up in my chest, kicks out of my bones. Not ready for this. Was fine on my own. Flashes in my head, and there must be something wrong. I don't know what you did, but I can't leave you alone." I sang with the radio in the van. Caitlin and Bette tapped their feet to the music, while Barry looked at me with amusement. 

"Take a picture, Barr, it'll last longer," I said turning towards him. A blush creeps up his neck as he playfully sticks his tongue at me.   

        "We're here!" Cisco calls out even tho we were right next to him. We hop out and set things up. After setting up I hand Bette a Frisbee and she throw it into the air. Mid-air the Frisbee blows up.

        "Her Trauzl  rating is around 45. That's the same as any plastique," says Cisco. "Plastique. Ha first try!" Cisco says happily with the new name. 

        "Didn't really think this one, though, did you? I asked opening my laptop to check my email. I basically screamed my head off as I looked at my email. Bette and Caitlin winced since they were next to me. Barry used his super speed and ran to my side.

        "Madison! Are you alright?" Barry asked.

        "Yeah. You're looking at the new reporter for Central City." I said happily. 

        "You're quilting at S.T.A.R Labs?" Barry asked.

        "Oh, yeah. I didn't tell you?" I asked nervously.

        "No," Barry said simply with a pout.

        "Barry? Can I speak with you?" Bette asked Barry.

        "Um, yeah sure," replies Barry. I mouth a 'thank you' to Bette as they walked away. I watched as Barry and Bette talked and then Barry answer his phone. Barry then hung up and walked back towards us.

        "What was that about?" I asked.

        "Iris posted about the streak again. She signed her name to it." Barry sighed.

        "Oh, that's not good." says Cisco.

        "Nope." I sighed. "If one of these bad meta-human we're dealing with figures she knows something. Then they may target her,"

        "I know." Barry cut me off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Barry went off with the suit to who knows were. I was in S.T.A.R Labs with Cisco, Caitlin, Dr.Wells and Bette. I was doing my last few work assignments before I started to work as a reporter. Caitlin stood in the middle of the room and was about to tell Bette some bad news. Right on time, Barry walked in to see all are sad expressions.

        "Hey, what's wrong?" Barry asked. "Did Eiling find out you're here?"

        "No. Caitlin was about to give me the not-so-good news." Bette sighed.

        "The shrapnel in your body has merged with you on cellular level and technology required to splice your DNA, it hasn't been invented yet," says Caitlin. I can tell Bette was crying as a single tear slides off her check. I look down at my hand to see them light up. I quickly put out my hands, and luckily no one saw. Talk about clueless, but to be fair they were to focus on Bette.

        "Bette?" I asked placing my hand on her shoulder.

        "It's okay," says Bette as she shrugged off my hand from her shoulder. "Roger that. I just need a minute." Bette walked over to the doorway and stopped. "Don't worry. Pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up."