Farooq Gibran

A/N: I plan on fixing my grammar mistakes, but until after I finish the book because I want to have time to update and not have to go back and fix my bad grammar(trust me, I know it's bad). I also want to say how happy I am that you guys are liking the book so far. I'm so grateful for the feedback and support from you guys so thank you. You guys are The Best!

"He runs slow even for a normal person." Caitlin points out as we watch Barry run on his treadmill. More like jog. Barry gives up and walks towards us, a little worn out. That can't be a good sign

"You can't just lose your powers, okay? Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast," says Cisco trying to make sense of things.

"There's no way to un-transform DNA," I tell them, trying to be reasonable. 

"Yeah, tell that to the uber driver who charged me sixty-five bucks to take me here. I had to tell her I was coming from a cosplay party." Barry states pissed.

"Who knows, maybe she was a fellow nerd and understood," I tell Barry, trying to stay positive. 

"She wasn't." Barry sighed.

"So we were wrong. This meta-human doesn't electrocute people; he siphons electricity, thereby removing your power," says Caitlin.

"All right, do we think this is temporary or we have to run a test?" asked Barry. Caitlin and I exchanged a look.

"Yeah, the second one."

"I've got to warn Joe." says Barry, grabbing his coat.

"I'm coming too!" I yelled, grabbing my leather jacket.

"Barry, we will find a way to restore your speed. I promise you that," says Dr.Wells. Barry nodes in understatement and we left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smash!

I looked up from laptop to see Barry's favorite mug in pieces on the floor. To think I can ever write my section of the article in peace.

"You didn't catch it," Joe said disappointedly.

"I loved that mug." Barry pouted. "And what part of 'a meta-human stole my speed' didn't you understand?" 

"Barry, there's a part of anything you can do that I ever understand," says Joe. "What does Dr.Wells say?"

"He's working on it." says Barry.

"Barry, you have to get your speed back." says Joe.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," I mumbled still typing. Joe rolled his eyes, but let out a short laugh.

"People in this city need protecting, and if you don't get your speed, how the hell are we gonna keep them safe?" asked Joe.

"Joe, the meta who stole my speed, he burned up the body we saw in the ally today. You need to tell the police not to confront him," warns Barry.

"He's dangerous." I agreed.

"Who's dangerous?" We all turned around to see Iris walking into Barry's lab. 

"No one, just some thief." I cover up.

"Well, criminals better watch out," says Iris wrapping her arm around Joe's shoulder. "Cops in Central City are the best there are, and if you can't protect this city, dad, I know The Flash will."

"What if he can't?" says Barry. "What if he's gone?"

"Gone?" asked Iris.

"Yeah, or maybe he's just done, or maybe it's like whatever he could do before, he can't do anymore." continues Barry.