Captain Cold

Felicity and I were at S.T.A.R Labs at night. We were just walking around and talking when we heard a noise. It took me a while to realize it was the treadmill so Fel and I headed over to the room we used to test Barry's speed. There on the treadmill was Barry running in just in an S.T.A.R Labs sweatshirt and sweatpants.

"Barry? Barry." Felicity called out. Barry slowed down on the treadmill, looking over at us.

"What?" Barry asks with no emotion. 

"What are you doing?" Felicity asked.

"You should go back to your hotel. Both of you should get some sleep." says Barry.

"You should too." Felicity exclaims. She stops herself, realizing that part of it sounded wrong. 

"Not go back to my hotel I meant to get some sleep, cause you and Maddy are together and if anything you would go home with her-" I quickly put my hand over Felicity's mouth stopping her from rambling. I sighed, glaring at her. Luckily Barry ignored it.

"I can't," Barry replied simply. "Every time I close my eyes, I see that man's face. I watched him die." Barry sighed. "I have to go faster." Barry turned back to the treadmill, about to start running again. 

"Barry, it's not your fault," I say stepping closer.

"And it's not Cisco's, either," Felicity says, joining me.

"Barry, I know you're upset, but you have to look at this from his point of view," I say. Sure I was mad at Cisco, but I can see why he didn't want to tell us.

"No, I get it," says Barry. "He didn't trust me."

"Barry, when you meet us Me, Oliver, and Dig, we were this well-oiled archery machine. But it didn't start out that way." Felicity points out. "And unlike you guys, we weren't tossed together overnight. We came together one at a time. Believe me, it took much more than watching Oliver do the salmon ladder to make me trust him." Both I and Barry scoffed.

"Fel, your such a flirt," I tell her, nudging her with my elbow. Felicity ignored my comment.

"I've seen firsthand what this life can do to people." Felicity continued. "It's a lonely path. Don't make it any lonelier than it has to be." Both Felicity and I left after that. 

"Worlds best motivation speaker goes to, Felicity Smoak," I tell her once we entered the elevator. Felicity rolls her eyes, but bows.

"Why thank you." we both giggled and cracked jokes as we left S.T.A.R Labs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"You cut your hair?" Cisco asked once I came  into S.T.A.R Labs.

"Thank you for noticing," I say taking a seat next to Caitlin. Soon everyone was in S.T.A.R Labs including Felicity.

"I figured out a way to track Captain Cold." exclaims Cisco.

"You got to stop naming these guys." says Caitlin.

"Oh, let the poor kid have this. That and let's be honest, we can't convince him to stop." I say, spinning in my chair. I stop noticing Barry was giving Cisco the cold shoulder, not even looking at him. I sighed. I thought we got through to him yesterday. 

"Barry, listen to him." says Dr.Well.

"How?" Barry said giving in. 

"The cold gun is powered by an engine control unit, a microcomputer that regulates air-to-fuel ratios so the sub-cooled fluid in the chambers doesn't overflow and-"

"Explode." Felicity finished.

"Right." Cisco continued. "This E.C.U was receiving updates wireless from my tablet. If I boost the signal using Central City network and send a false update, we'll get a ping back, and then-