Gone Wrong

"The tachyon device is in place," says Cisco as we overlook the monitor. A trap set up for the man in yellow. After our chat with Ronnie, we all came back to S.T.A.R Labs and we kept the encounter between the three of us because we already have things on our plate at the moment and mentioning talking to Ronnie will only add on to the list of things to stress over.

"You think it'll work?" Barry ask.

"It'll work," Cisco confirms with confidence laced in his words. With that, he leaves the main room and we watch. All of us a bit nervous on how everything is gonna play out.

"So how do we advertise to him that the prototype's here?" Barry asked, looking over at Dr. Wells.

"We'll take care of that," Dr.wells reassures after taking a quick glance at Joe.

"What's the problem?" I ask noticing the tension in the air. Barry looks at Joe with pleading eyes for Joe to explain what's going on.

"Look, Barry. Me and Dr. Wells have spoken, and we think it would be best if you weren't here for this."

"What are you talking about?" scuffles Barry.

"You're too close to this." replies Joe.

"Or maybe you're not close enough." Barry counters. "If you hadn't been too scared and warned me that he was here weeks ago, I could have been prepared for this."

"I think we call all appreciate Joe's concern for Iris, Barry." Dr.Wells buts in.

"That's why I have to be here! I'm the best chance at catching this guy!" Barry raises his voice to prove his point.

"Not right now, not in this state." says Joe as he raises his voice to match Barry's.

"This man stabbed my mother through the heart and sent my father to prison for it. This is my fight." Barry argues.

"Not today son." Barry looks at all three of us with hatred in his eyes. He takes a moment to look us all dead in the eye to see if were serious. He takes his time to look at me the longest. I guess he hoped that I would fight by his side on this one, but I couldn't. As much as I wanted to Barry wasn't in the right state of mind to take on the man in the yellow. Knowing him he'll run in not thinking and even do something he is bound to regret. When Barry notice that none of us would speak up to take his side he grabbed his black jacket which laid on the desk and stormed out of the room.

We all looked around at each other but didn't say anything. So I broke the silence to get away from the tension.

"I'm gonna go find Cisco. See if he needs any help."

"Of course," replies Dr.Wells and I took that as my cue to leave. I wondered into the hall where we take metahumans in to lock them up and noticed Cisco by the doorway. I walk over and look over his shoulder to see Caitlin sitting down holding a wedding ring between her fingers let out little sniffs as if she's been crying. Cisco and I exchange a knowing look and walked over to sit on either side of her.

"Caitlin, don't worry. Hey, now that we know he's out there, we'll find Ronnie again," says Cisco.

"Why?" Caitlin sniffs. "So we can throw him in there with all the other meta- human psychos?" We're all silent at that remark taking it in. "I use to play this game in my head," Caitlin says breaking the silence. "What would I give up for just one minute with him? My house, my career? The rest of my life? Today I finally got that minute. Then I wish I hadn't. Seeing him like that, what he's become. Dear God I wish he had just died that day." Caitlin breaks down into sobs and Cisco pulls her in for a hug. I scoot closer to rub her back in comfort so that she knows that were both there for her.