The Man In Yellow

I've been hanging out at S.T.A.R Labs all day. I handed in an amazing article. Some of my best work even. Yes, I know I might sound cocky, but just give me this one. My boss and the team really liked it so asking for a week off around this time was easier than I predicted. My boss and I don't get along as well as the pass boss, but I needed this week off. 

So with this week off I plan to stick close to Barry and Iris, but Iris went out with Eddie and Barry needs to work. The next best thing is hanging out in S.T.A.R Labs, right? Cisco and I were messing around with my staff trying to improve it for whenever I get back in the field, but I'm sure I will. At least not for a long time. This woman with gray hair has me on edge. It's as if she know something. It's best if I lay back a little longer until I'm sure this lady is gone. I've told Cisco and Caitlin about my encounters with her and they believe me.

"Is it lighter now?" Cisco asks as I twirl it around. 

"Yeah, why better than the other one," I commented. Cisco gives me a pleased smile.

"I'm trying to see if there is a way to make you not allergic to neon signs," says Cisco

"Allergic?" I question.

"Well yeah," says Cisco. "Your immune system acts weird around it and all..."

"I wouldn't call it an allergic reaction. More like deadly plants you see in the wild, but for me, it's a deadly light I see in the city." I laugh. Cisco laughs too and shakes his head.

"Some luck you have."

"Tell me about it." I sigh. Footsteps and squealing wheels gain are attention. Someone's coming. Out of fear I throw the staff at Cisco who stumbles when trying to catch it. "Hide it," I whisper.

"You hide it!" Cisco yells/whispers back as he throws it over to me. "Push the button."

"What button?" I ask, feeling very frantic.

"The black one on the side," Cisco says.

" It's a cylinder, Cisco. It doesn't really have sides. " I hiss as I turn it around. I finally find it and push it. It pulls itself together into a nice small portable stick. I slip it into my pocket right when Barry, Joe, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells enter the room. Nice to see that some things don't change like pocket size staffs.

"Hey." says Cisco as he walks over to the main desk.

"What's up?" I casually ask as I sit down on a table near the corner. I notice both Barry and Joe wearing pissed off expressions. Well, Barry was. Joe looked more scared. They ignore both Cisco and me as they continue talking about their conversation.

"The witness described seeing a yellow blur just like the one that killed Barry's mother," says Joe. I look over at Barry to see him take a seat in a spinning chair with his head in his head. The man in the yellow suit? The one who killed Barry's mom? But how? Why? What is he doing? 

"Then we need to get cracking and stop this speed psycho," says Cisco as he pops a green, white, and red candy cane into his mouth. "Oh, sorry. I wasn't trying to give him a name." Cisco apologizes mostly towards Barry.

"The crime scene at Mercury Labs was on a floor with highly secured vaults, and the witness said he was looking for something," Barry says in a hurry. All around, Barry looked tensed. His jaw set as she stared at the three scientists for expertise. 

"Whatever it was, he wanted it badly enough to kill for it," says Dr. Wells as he wheels up closer to the computers. Man in yellow killed someone else? Whoever this guy is, he's out for blood. Perhaps even something worse, but how can it get worse when it comes to killing. I shiver, clearly uncomfortable with the topic of killing. Period.