I'm Low On Gas and You Need A Jacket

***Vic's POV***

I sat up in bed with the windows wide open, letting the sunlight pour into our room. Jaime was up already cleaning, although the clock only read 10:17. I watched him dance around to Blessthefall's new tracks as he picked up our laundry and threw it across the room.

"You gonna help?" he asked between songs.

"I was actually hoping that you'd finish cleaning and then get back in bed and blow me," I smiled, earning a quick turn around. A smile slowly spread across his face.

"Really?" he replied softly, that smile still spreading. 

I laughed and shook my head, "no, not right now. Let's just spend a day together, you and me, babe." He jumped back on our bed and pressed his lips against mine softly. "Mr. and Mr. Preciado." That made him smile again and this time his cheeks went bright red. 

"I'll be downstairs," he said and slipped out of the bedroom and down the hall. I got out of bed and found a clean pair of pants, my skinniest pair of black jeans. I couldn't find any clean casual shirts, so I slipped into my white button up. I fixed my hair, put in my nose ring, and slipped into my old black Vans. 

"Oh, Jaime!" I called as I ran down the stairs, and just as I jumped to the bottom, I saw him tuck his phone under his leg. I smiled and walked over to him, "who were you texting?" 

"No one," he said quickly and stood up. "Let's go."

Okay, I thought. Strange, but, maybe he's just planning something. "Hime, it's only 10:30, let's wait a while."

"But you wanted to spend today with me," he whined. 

"Fine, let's goooo!" I smiled and grabbed his hand and my car keys. 

"Uh," he grabbed the keys from me, "no, actually, uh-- no let's walk babe!" he suggested. I shrugged, and made my way to the front door. "Nope! Let's leave through the backyard!" he yelled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door leading to our backyard.

I looked at him, stopped walking, and yanked my hand away. "Jaime, what is going on?" I asked seriously. I heard Chad catch her breathe from in the kitchen. "Chad, you're too hyper to stay quiet, I know you're in there." She slowly walked through the kitchen doorway with her head hung in shame. 

"Sorry, Jaime," she mumbled and tried to avoid his eyes. 

"So you know what he's hiding? Tell me, someone." It was taking every bit of control I had not to start yelling. Jaime had done enough lying in our time, and now he was starting it all back up.

"Go see for yourself," Jaime sighed and tossed me the keys. I caught them before they hit my chest, and I walked to the front door, watching him the entire time. He looked so sad, mad, and hurt all at the same time. I opened the front door and looked out into the driveway. 

My car was ruined. The hood was dented in, not the kind from a wreck, the way it is when someone hits it with a bat, or sledgehammer. My windows were busted, and one mirror was missing. I ran to my car to check the insides, where I found that every seat had been ripped open and the upholstery had been ripped down. 

I looked at the doorway to see Jaime and Chad violently whispering to each other. 

"Who the fuck did this?" I yelled. "Huh, Jaime? Do you know who did it? Or will you keep that a secret, too?" Everything had taken on a red tint from all the anger I felt. 

"Backseat," was all he said, just loud enough for me to hear. I looked in the backseat and found nicely folded letter addressed to me on it. 

I unfolded it and read to myself:

Hello again, Victor. Nice to see you again, well, of course this is but a letter, but I know you well enough. Your hands are shaking with anger and you've already messed your hair up because you're pulling at it.

Correct on both accounts.

I'm sorry I had to drop back in on such a bad entrance, although I'm sure my entrance with Jaime was so much better, or should I say his entrance into me? Oh words, I was never good at picking them. Victor, time has done us all some good, but you can return my love to me now. Your space filler love is no longer needed. Thank you for keeping Jaime safe for me. 
With all hopes of death,
Alexandra.

I clenched the paper in my hand and looked up at Jaime. He was still on the porch, but now he was silently crying, tears endlessly streaming down his face. This let me know that every claim she had made was true. I crumpled the letter and threw it down in the grass. I grabbed my extra truck key from my dashboard and climbed in. I sped away as fast as possible with no plan of ever returning to Jaime or that house.