Chapter 2: Unsurvivable

Kai's POV.

Lloyd blacked out. I punched the deck in fury, leaving a dent in the spotless deck. Why couldn't he stay awake?

His breathes still came in gasps, so I gently took off my hood and rested his head on it. Then, I loosened his top as much as I could. He needed more oxygen.

Zane hurried over, skinning his knees as he threw himself down by Lloyd. "What happened?" he asked hurriedly as he checked Lloyd, scanning him with his robotic blue eyes. He felt his forehead, not disturbed by the least by his wide, glazed over eyes like I was.

I shrugged, my breath catching in my throat. Lloyds eyes ran circles, staring at everything. Yet, Zane confirmed him unconscious. How does that work?

I picked up the note that Lloyd was holding. It was signed by 'HWR' and instantly I wanted to punch this HWR's face in.

I read the note out loud to Zane, who had begun checking Lloyds throat and nose. The others came up behind me, watching me read the blue papered note.

Greetings all.
Well, all-1. And I think you know who's going to be the -1. The one who won't be there anymore.

I felt my blood boil and my eyes spark. Zane growled as he checked Lloyds eyes.

Lloyd will not die. Not while I'm still living.

The poison that I gave Lloyd, was the smell of the Venomari's poison, or spit. In other words, NO CURE.

I froze. Zane growled once more. And Lloyd tried to breathe.

Have a good rest of the day, and Oh! Mark Lloyd Montgomery's grave so that I may pay my dearest ninja a visit.
HWR

A million thoughts hit my mind as I reread the letter, scanning the words over and over.

"Well, he's wrong about one thing," Zane declared, sitting back on his haunches. "Lloyd will survive. He will not die."

"How can you be so sure!" I blurted out, tears threatening to spill. I took a deep breath. "The note said no cure!" I bowed my head, looking at Lloyd, who was trying to get oxygen for his hungry lungs. I promised to protect Lloyd, yet once again, I fail my duties.

I should just quit. Maybe they would be better off without me.

"It wasn't your fault," Sensei told me, placing his hand on my shoulder. I jumped, not hearing him come closer. I forgot that everyone was there. Everyone gathered closer around the Green Ninja. Angry tears pricked my eyes as Lloyd blinked wearily. He gasped and shuttered.

Nya sobbed into Jays shoulder, who had to wipe a few tears of his own away. Cole place a hand on my other shoulder, trying to support. Sensei had forgotten his tea, a water drop rolling down his wrinkly cheek.

Zane stood up. "Lloyd will not die!" He looked at Lloyd and yelled. "YOU WILL NOT DIE! You will survive this Lloyd. You must!"

He was begging. Just like the rest of us.

"It can't end this way!" Jay gulped. "W-we've been through so much! A little poison shouldn't hurt him!"

"Jays right," Cole stepped in. "He's the Green Ninja. He will defeat this." The Earth Ninja looked down at his fallen teammate.

"Everyone's time will come," Sensei spoke, taking off his hat. "I had just hoped, not so soon." He bowed his head.

Everyone seemed to be giving up on Lloyd. I wasn't about to let that happen.

"Guys," I stood up. "Lloyds strong! He'll make it through! Look at all the hard times we've been through! Look how many more adventures we could go through! This poison shouldn't be anything to Lloyd! He will survive this, and when he does, I'll be ready to stand by him, and ready to track down this HWR and kill him."