Chapter 7: The Cookie

Lloyds POV

Zane didn't return.

This was the one thought that echoed my brain as I watched Nya walk toward the fans instead of daggers, and Kai and Ronin still in deep conversation.

Zane went into that room, but never came out.

So I screamed for help and fell on the floor, sobbing that I didn't know what to do. "CALL THE POLICE!" I hugged Kai's legs and bawled for Zane, my buddy, my pal!

Just kidding. I actually went to investigate. Surprise, right?

I tiptoed into the room, kicking a shirt aside that blocked my path. I looked up and met a pair of feet, legs, a stomach, a chest and arms, a neck, and then a head.

A head with different colored eyes. And a body holding Zanes shurikens at his own neck.

First, this person must be a pro, for he got Zanes own weapon against Zanes own neck without making any sound or causing a fight. That was almost impossible, considering how fast Zanes reflexes are.

Second, he is wearing a cape so I can't see what he looks like completely. He's one smart cookie.

Let's call him Cookie. A soon to be crushed cookie, since he was holding my Nindroid against the wall.

Thirdly, I was just pinned to the wall by two daggers.

How did that even happen?!

Zane was now just standing there, making little 'mmm' 'mm' noises, not moving his mouth. Actually, he wasn't moving anything!

The intruder breathed his horrible disgusting, strawberry breath on me. STRAWBERRY! What kind of man wears strawberry smells?

"The legendary green ninja," the voice changer machine on his face beeped. He sounded surprised. "I expected that you would put up more of a fight." He turned and sneered at Zane, who's blue eyes were as wide as our dinner plates. I energy blasted the daggers from my sleeves and streamed around the room, trying to reach Zane.

Zane struggled against nothing. How was that even possible?

Cookie laughed, making his voice changer thingy creating creepy noises, sounding like a hyena dying by an elephant herd, trampling him. He blocked my path.

"So," he wheezed. "You do have a fight in you. I expected to force you to survive." I don't even want to think about what he would do.

"What do you want?" I asked, impatient to get this over with and to set Zane free. I glared at Cookie.

Cookie smiled, and the tips of his eyes went up, almost making him glow. "I don't need anything. In fact, I'll let you go." Something was off. Nobody would just let us go. Not even Dareth, when we scratched his trophies. He made is polish them!

I just let Jay do my share.

"No seriously," I interrupted. "What's the catch?"

Cookie snorted and turned so he could see both Zane and I. "Let me join your crew. Take me away from this wretched place, so I never have to see my foster home again. "

I scanned the person, realizing that he looked only seventeen. I myself, was eighteen. Well, technically I was thirteen, but now I'm eighteen. Same age as Jay, the motormouth. Zane and Kai were nineteen, both having the same birthdate. Cole was almost twenty.

"Your doing this to leave home?" I wondered out loud. "Why didn't you just come to us without being dressed all creepily and ask for help? We would have done something!"

Cookie glared at me. "I did this so I didn't seem weak; so you couldn't see the real me; so you couldn't judge me by my looks." The voice changer garbled weirdly, but then kept on steadily. "I needed to prove I was worthy. I want to join your ninja."

Cookie gazed into my eyes, scanning them with the creepy eyes of his. I kept my gaze.

"No." My answer was firm and Cookie realized that too.

And you will never believe what happened next. A single tear rolled off Cookie's cheek. One tear, out of his dark green eye.

And I thought this guy was tough!

"Please!" He was almost sobbing. "I need a place I can call home, a place where I can fit in." I felt my temper rise and I glanced at the holes in my ninja suit, Zane against the wall, and back to the mysterious Cookie.

"Fit in?" I almost screamed. "You did something to Zane, pinned me against the wall, and tried to steal coins!?" I pointed out all his mistakes. "And you call that trying to fit in!?"

Cookie flinched at my harsh words. I then realized that I was a good two inches taller then him. I towered over, just to prove my point.

"How 'bout I make a deal?" he asked wisely. "If you beat me at one match, I'll do anything you ask. First person to pin the other down for three seconds is the winner."

I smiled. I was already liking this! We practiced this a lot on the Bounty and I never lost once. Okay, maybe one time, but that's because Kai was spray painting the words "I LOVE BEANBAGS" in pink spray paint, on the back of Sensei's dinner chair and it made me loose focus. So then Cole sat on me.

It doesn't really count.

"But," Cookie continued, interrupting me from my happy thoughts. "If you loose, I join your ninja team for as long as I like." He folded his gloved hands and watched my reaction.

I choked. "But-but that could be forever! And besides, only talented people with special abilities can be on the team." Cookie smiled at me, creating little wrinkles around his eyes.

"That's my offer."

"Or what?" I wondered.

Cookie moved so quickly in one blink, he was on the other side of the room, next to Zane, with a dagger on his neck. Slowly, he scraped the dagger down toward Zanes heart. "Or your robot friend dies."

I swallowed. Zane looked so upset, probably fighting within himself and beating himself up. He most likely felt so dumb to be held captive and at the mercy of a random, Cookie voice thingy guy.

I needed to do this. I needed to save Zane. I would win this fight. I have to, for Zane.

Plus, no maniac like this guys could be part of our ninja squad.

Cookie raised one eyebrow and cocked his head at me, moving the hood he had on, making a flash of blue and green to be seen.

Blue hair? Green hair? The same color as his eyes?

I gulped loudly. "One question."

Cookies eyes squinted and he looked at me as if I just drank the last cup of Sensei's tea, which I never ever will do. "What?"

"Are you HWR?"

Cookie frowned and I instantly knew I was wrong in assuming he was. "Who?"

"Never mind." I shook my head, making my ninja hood flap and my own blond hair to wave. I shoved it back, so it didn't hang in my eyes.

"Deal or not?"

I glanced at Zane, who gave up fighting the invisible force field holding him back. I couldn't let him down. Or my team. I didn't want to be a coward either.

"Deal."

And with that, the fight was on.

I must win this.

GREEN NINJA O-U-T

Soooooo writers block. Sorry if you didn't expect that.... I didn't expect it either!!

Enjoy.

Question:
Why can't Zane talk or move? What is going on?

And please, no super weird comments or answers.

Thanks peaches! :)

Comment comment comment comment comment. <3

ALLIGATOR.