Chapter 16: Hiding From the Deadly Seeker.

Cole POV

We were on a mission, and Lloyd was messing around. He came up the emergency stairs, moaning, on his butt! I mean, we are ninja. He couldn't deal with little stairs?

Since that note appeared on the TV screen, several more came in the mail with Harry, and two came in our milk.

IN OUR MILK! It was ruined!

At least it wasn't cake....

Anyway, Zane, after a week of this, decided that tonight we would go to the towers. We got some information that something important would happen tonight, so we snuck in.

Or tried too. Lloyd messed that up. Kai laughed quietly and helped Lloyd up, ruffling his hair a little. "You okay, kid?"

Lloyd whimpered as he put weight on his foot. He winced, but started walking like nothing was wrong. "I'm good."

I could see his ankle swelling, but I didn't say anything. I mean, Lloyd would tell us if it was serious, right?

Right?!

"Let's get on with it," Zane nodded to Nya. She tugged Ember on the arm and they disappeared onto the window sills on the other side of the four sided tower.

Zane disappeared with Kai, and Jay went by himself.

I sighed and tugged Lloyd along. Luckily, on ours, we could easily sneak since we had a window cleaner platform thing under the window. Quietly, I pressed my ear to the window, while Lloyd tried not to limp to the other.

I peered into the highest window of the tower, just making out Jays image across the room, behind a flower pot.

How did he get inside?

Zane had stayed outside, but Kai flipped behind a twirly chair and pressed himself above the group gathered, feet, hanging onto the table for support.

I let my breath out carefully. Lloyd scratched the window a little, making a mark, where he used a glass cutter to scrape away a piece of glass to listen in.

I took out a cup and pressed it to my ear, against the window. Call me old fashioned, but it works.

I still haven't seen Ember or Nya, and I was getting a little worried. But then again, we haven't let Ember train with us yet, so they might be having a little difficulties trying to get in position.

Then again, she did beat Lloyd up.

Up the stairs, and she won a fight.

Wow.

"Everyone in positions?" Jay whispered into his earpiece.

"Yup!"

"Same with Kai."

"Same with Zane," Lloyd said. I nodded and he spoke again. "Cole is too."

We waited.

A crackling noise was heard, and then Nya's voice. "Ember and I are too!"

I glanced around the room, but I couldn't spot the two anywhere! They must be really good hiders! I know who I am never playing hide and seek with!

"They mustn't know," a man in a gray suit said, leaning forward and making his chair creak. "If HWR wants to take over Ninjago, we must not trust anyone."

"I agree," a spooky voice came from the chair closest to the elevator. "That is why," he slammed his fist down onto the table, "we must stop the ninja at all cost!"

The other men in hoodies, with hoods up, leaned back, kind of frightened. Lloyd looked across the window at me and mouthed. "Wow."

Jays eyes got large, and I saw Kai struggled for a better grip. That punch must have made him loose a little grip.

And I thought Kai had a temper.

"The new one," a man in gray hissed. "Reflexes are quick and deadly. We must get rid of her."

I shrugged at Lloyd who raised an eyebrow in return.

Zane pressed his button on his ear. "Ember, are you reflexes?"

Before Ember could answer, or anyone else for that matter, static pechoed in my ear piece, loud and shrilly. Lloyd gasped and yanked his out, but it slipped from his fingers and clattered down the side of the building.

Great. Clumsy Lloyd lost his earpiece.

"Uh, what was that?" the mean hooded man whirled around. "Did you hear that?"

"What was what?" a man in a green hoodie asked. "I don't hear anything."

Kai held his breath and Jay shrunk behind his flower pot a little more. I would have giggled at the sight, but this was too serious.

"It came from the elevator." The man got up, making his chair squeak against the floor. He trotted toward the elevator, every step echoing inside of me.

Zane used his earpiece. "That was close."

I wiped my brow. "Too close."

Kai pulled himself up more and Lloyd peered in at him, getting a thumbs up in return.

At least Kai was okay.

My ear piece rattled and I listened to Nya. "Uh, guys?"

I nodded, but forgot she couldn't see me, and then hit my earpiece. "Ya?"

She gulped loudly as the man approached the closed door. "Ember and I are in the elevator."

I seriously just saw Jay faint as I turned to meet Zane's wide eyes.

Oh no.

CAKE EATER O-U-T

ALLIGATOR HERE, ENJOY THIS CHAPTER :) sorry if it's s little shorter than normal, I was just helping out a friend.

Cliff hanger.... Ohhhh

Anyway, we had a debate in my class, about should Woman be in the Military.

I totally think so.  I mean, girls can be in the military just as much as guys, if they want to. It is their choice.

What about u, and why?

:)

ALLIGATOR