Chapter 44: Ashamed

Lloyds POV

I couldn't move. I was frozen over. Usually if something like this happens, usually because of a malfunction of Zane's ice powers, Kai always is there to unfreeze us. To warm us up. To help us.

Well, he's not here now, so I'm freezing. I can't really feel my one arm and my stomach is tingling weirdly. All I know is that we are headed to the ledge of the Tower Two.

HWR had sent an announcement out to the world and then he's gonna kill us in front of everyone, saving me for last.

The doors opened, making the fresh air hit our faces. Jays jaw was clenched as he helped Zane walk me through the door. He kept looking back at Nya, whose eyes were slightly watery, but yet, she looked stubborn, not ready to admit defeat.

Cole was still slightly more invisible. I think that water sprinkler cooler thing scared him, not to mention he couldn't go by any of us since we were all wet.

Sunlight made me blink as we were lead out onto the balcony. Instead of a rainy, windy day as you would expect, the sun was shinning and the air was warm.

It felt nice to feel warmth.

"Ninjago!" HWR's voice boomed through out the parking lot. Thousands of people were there. I saw the reporter getting all of it on tape, Jays parents, Coles father, Skylar, the policeman, the falcon, and many others, including the old lady from the tea shack and the kid from the hospital who became a ninja for one day.

"Mom!" I heard a little girl whispered as Zane and Jay struggled to hold me up better. My ankle was twisted weird and my hair was everywhere, not to mention the ice that's melting off it. Plus, my eyesight wasn't the clearest. "Look at the Green Ninja."

"What happened to him?" Someone else piped in. More whispers.

"No! He defeated the Green Ninja."

"Nobody can take down him! This is bad."

"He's almost....dead."

"I can't believe that's our hero."

"I never believed in him in the first place."

"Me either. He's all looks and talks."

Those last ones hurt more than being frozen to the floor. They were like knives to the chest. I would rather die than hear that again. Jay pulled me up a little more as my eyes got heavier and heavier. I shivered, unable to stop myself, although the warm day did help.

"Behold!" HWR's voice rang out again, causing everyone to gasp at the man in black, with the hood over his face. "Ninjago's hero's! Now you have seen them defeated by me, so fear me! Watch them die now, slowly."

"Where's Kai?"

"Where is the one in red. You know, the one who can hold fire?"

"There he is. What's he doing in that weird outfit?"

"Ya that's strange..."

"Unless..."

"Unless what?"

"He turned evil too."

"No!"

"That would explain that newest ninjas outfit too. And why her eyes are red! I knew this whole thing was a trap!"

A tear lolled down the red ninjas cheek and he swiped at it before anyone could notice. But I saw it. Before HWR could continue, letting the words sink into the crowd, I made my move.

I leaned off the ice ninja and lightning ninja, reaching out for my friend, my teammate, my brother. "Kai." My knees gave way and I dropped to the floor, before determination set in. A hush settled across the crowd.

I waved off Jay and Zane as they moved to help me. I took a breath and forced myself upward, straight. I majorly limped, but made my way toward Kai, my hand out. I stumbled.

"Kai."

"It's too late Lloyd. I messed up." His voice wavered, yet he tried to look strong in front of all these people as he whispered the words to me only.

I grabbed him in a hug. "It's never too late. Mistakes are supposed to happen to help us learn," I whispered in his ear. His tense body relaxed as he hugged me back. "I forgive you."

"Break it up!" I was forcefully thrown back from the man in black. My head slammed against the floor and I saw black. And then red. Tons of red.

How dare he do this. All these people could never think he was a hero. He would never be good enough. He could never kill my friends.

I stood up again, my fist clenched. "That's it, HWR! I have had enough!" I flexed my hand.

Jay smiled. "Ninja never give up."

I summoned all of the power I could muster into my hands, doing my energy move. The crowd gasped as I finished, ready to strike. But something was wrong, and my hands didn't have the original tingle to it. The earth never did quake. The blinding, warm light never came.

Jays eyes widened and Nya gasped, covering her mouth. HWR smirked.

"My powers! There-there gone!"

GREEN NINJA O-U-T.

Oooooohhh.....here's a shorter chapter. Enjoy. :)

ALLOYDGAT0rs