Chapter 36: The All So Powerful Green Ninja and McDonalds Dates

MY LITTLE BROTHERS DRAWING OF LLOYD WATCHING DOMINIQUE.

Kai's POV

It's good to see us back to normal, all hanging out and being weird. And Lloyd might get a date!

We, the ninjas, minus Lloyd because he was heading toward the girl, snuck and hid behind the potted bushes in the mall area. Lloyd strutted forward, yet, shaking. He wasn't even this nervous around Ember! I fiddled with the bracelet on my wrist.

"He fought scary things, but he's scared to ask a girl on a date!?" I asked in disbelief. Like, what is this world?

The girl looked startled at Lloyd, when he walked up. We stayed crouched behind the plants like ninjas. Except Cole, who spotted cake and quickly left the scene. So, just us three ninja.

I mean, we are ninja.

Secretive ninja who will never be spotted.

"Hey there. What do ya want?" the girl asked. Her voice was neither loud or quiet.

There was a small snapping sound as Zane took a picture. I leaned over and patted him on the back. "Send me a picture of that!"

He leaned over toward me. "Sure thing, Kai!"

Lloyd started stuttering ahead, something I never really saw him do before. "Hi! What is your name? Is it Dominique, because it says that on the back of your hoodie....your GREEN hoodie." Then, the all so powerful ninja blushed furiously as he did the worlds most obvious hint ever.

I thought Dominique was a guys name, but I was proven wrong by the one and only Dominique. She is totally not a guy.

"Ya, that's my name. So what do you want? I'm late for a meeting."

Jay squirmed and peered out of the bushes toward the two kids. "Oooooh,"he squealed. "Ask her out, Lloyd!"

Lloyd then continued to make himself look like a big idiot. "I was just....ya know....saying hi....and stuff?" We watched from behind the bushes, our mouths gaping.

I slapped my forehead.

Dom looked concerned about the famous green ninja embarrassing himself in front of her, but didn't say anything about it. Instead, she kind of started inching away. "Thanks for stopping by. I will be in the bakery at one o'clock this afternoon so if you want me, I'll be there!"

Jay cheered in whispers, looking more excited then Lloyd. Who, by the way, looked like he was going to pee his pants or something. Like really? It's just a girl!

"Come on Lloyd!" Zane encouraged.

Lloyd then stands up straight, obviously realizing that this gorgeous girl was going to escape him. He leans on a flower pot, trying to act cool. "Ya, sure."

Then, he stumbled and fell over, taking the pot with him. Both of them collided hard on the ground, making an enormous crashing sound. He almost took Dominique down with him.

That did not just happen. I slapped my forehead again and hissed. "Are you serious?"

But woe and behold, my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, and Lloyd the fabulous green ninja just completely destroyed his image in front of the girl.

Dominique instantly looks concerned and bends down to help Lloyd up. "Are you okay?"

Jay moans and backs off a little, looking around at the rest of us. "He really sucks at these kinds of things, doesn't he?" Yes, I agree with Jay, but I'm confused why.