Chapter 23: Swapped

I decided to rotate between books. Next week is the Lloyd Blog update :)

I just can't seem to quit this one!

Enjoy :)
--------------------------------------

Lloyd POV

"Ah!!" I heard the scream echo the halls the next day. I raced to the noisemaker, which happened to be Jay, in the bathroom.

"Help!" he screamed. I plugged my ears, but charged forward. Maybe HWR was in there and Jay was fighting him by himself! I scanned the hallway for a weapon, since I was in my pajamas

A flower pot entered my sight.

"OUTTA THE WAY, JAY!" I shrieked, throwing the pot in the bathroom with all of my might.

I heard an 'ow!' followed by a 'crash!' and a 'thud!'

"Jay?" I asked carefully.

No answer.

I slowly crept into the bathroom. Jay was moaning on the floor, rubbing his head. "DID I HIT HIM?!" I yelled, throwing open the tub curtain and checking in the laundry basket for the hidden intruder.

"Hit who?" Jay asked, puzzled. He rubbed his head, looking up at me. "I'm the only one in here!" He brushed his hair.

Then I noticed his hair. "AH!" I screamed.

"What!?"

"Your hair!"

"I know!"

"It's like...white!"

"I know!"

"It's one stripe!"

"I know!"

"Why?"

"I don't know!"

"It looks creepy!"

"I know!"

"What's going on?!" Kai inquired, popping his head around the corner of the wall. Him and Cookie had gotten home late last night, instead of staying away and shopping. I have no idea how they had gotten done so quickly, but at least we had food. "I could hear you shout from the kitchen, where Zane was making eggs and--what is with your hair, Jay?!"

Jay began to speak, but Kai interrupted him, folding his arms over his chest and tapping his foot. "Nya's not going to be happy! You should have dyed your whole head instead of one streak. And why a blond white? It makes you look old!"

I started frantically brushing his hair. "Maybe it will come out if you brush it!" Jay snatched away the brush from me and took a step back, his eye now black. I looked down at the crushed flower pot on the floor.

Oh. That explains it.

I can't believe Kai threw the flower pot at him! Of all things...

"I didn't dye it!" Jay explained. "I woke up and it was like this!"

"Thats so weird!" I observed, checking out my black one and then his. "It kinda looks like what happened to Nya!" Our minds slowly twirled. Nya had my blond and I had her black. Jay had Zane's blond white color, so Zane had...

We all three gasped and looked at each other. "ZANE!"

We rushed outside the bathroom and tore down the hallway. I had to wait for Kai to catch up, because I may or may not have shoved him into a door in my hurry.

Whoops.

Anyway, we burst into the kitchen, almost crashing into Zane, who was mixing his scrambled eggs.

"Zane!"

He turned around and we all gasped. Next to a jagged, cut short piece of hair, he had an auburn strand of hair.

This was disastrous. I'm starting to hate this HWR a lot more than I originally did, if that's even possible.

"What is he doing to us?" Jay mumbled, fingering his white, a few minutes after we had explained to Zane. "What's going to happen."

"So far nothing," Kai answers, running his hand through his still normal hair. "But we must stay on our toes." Him and Cole where the only ones who haven't fallen victim of this...this....hair swapping plague.

Unlike me.

I was swapped.

"What happened to your eye, Jay?" Zane asked. He began to inspect it.

"Kai threw a flower pot at him!" I accused. "It was his fault! I told him not too, but you know Kai! He just went ahead and did it." I sighed. "Such a bad example for younger kids like...uh...me!"

"What?"Kai exclaimed, turning to Zane. "I did no such-"

"I can't believe that you would lie like that to everyone!" I gasped, fake wiping a tear. Zane frowned at Kai and turned back to Jays eye.

"I'm disappointed in you, Kai."

Kai growled after Zane said that and swung his head over to look at innocent me, checking and polishing my nails.

"Ow ow ow ow! That hurts!" Jay whined, trying to back up from the Nindroid. "Don't poke it!" He slapped away Zane's hands, but Zane ignored him and kept poking the swelled eye.

Kai glared at me again and I grinned sheepishly.

"Bad Kai!" I tutted at him and then stuck out my tongue, after moving backwards, away from his fist that would have knocked out a tooth or two.

Or seventeen.

Do we even have that many teeth? I can't remember. I didn't exactly finish school, you know.

But in the little schooling I had, they didn't teach me about swapping hair strands. I didn't even know that could happen!

GREEN NINJA O-U-T.

Here ya go :) enjoy!

Question
Any theories of what's going to happen? First hair color changes...*gasp* what next?

ALLIGATOR

PLEASE COMMENT. I READ EVERYONE!