Chapter 35: Kai's Advice?

Zane POV

We were suit shopping for Jays date. Jay kept insisting that it had to be perfect, since this was a very important date. At first I suspected that he was going to propose, but decided against it as Kai would never agree.

And I can't see Jay and Nya married quite yet.

Anyway, we are shopping for a suit.

"How's this one?" Cole holds up a black suit, with a bow tie and buttons all the way up. It seemed to scream 'Cole' to everyone within a thirty foot radius, which would include us.

Actually, we were the only ones.

Jay scoffed, placing his hands on his hips. "Black? Cole, this is supposed to be a date, not a memorial service!" Coles face fell as he placed his element colored suit back on the rack, that held the price tag of nine hundred dollars.

Kai growled. "Well, what color do you want then? Purple with yellow stripes?" Lloyd let out a belly laugh, most likely picturing Jay in the suit.

It would be funny.

"Oh!" Cole exclaimed, grabbing another suit. This one was blue, and it looked quite snazzy. It was sort of shimmery. This one screamed 'Jay' to everyone in a thirty foot radius also, which would still only be us.

"That's perfect for Jay!" I voiced my opinion after checking the price tag. Luckily, it was half off, so I agreed. Not that it mattered. After all, Jays suit, Jay pays.

Even if it was Kai's suit, Jay would pay.

Jay pays for everything. We all have a silent agreement and everyone agrees that Jay pays for everything. Well, except Jay, but he doesn't really get a voice in this matter. He would ruin the whole agreement.

And Kai would never by a suit.

"Why? Because I like blue?"

Lloyd winked as he sauntered over, Kai following behind him. "And so does Nya!" He did a little boogie, trying to seem like he was overly excited. Trust me, we noticed right away when he let out a blood curdling scream when we entered the store.

Kai squinted his eyes at the suit, Jay, and then me. Why me? I'm not sure. He growled and then grumbled. "I still like my idea."

Figures.

Cole pushed his face two inches away from Kai's to stick up for Jays suit. "Deal with it, Kai!" Kai's hair moved. Actually moved. I thought it was too gelled up, but whatever.

I saw both of them clench their fists. And squint their eyes. I stepped forward, eager to make the peace again. "Why not a dark green suit?" I hurriedly suggested.

Jay gasped in horror. "No! Not that!" Lloyd looked a little ill as well.

Kai smirked. "Ya. He's to dumb to be the green ninja!"

"Nobody wears green, except me!" Lloyd was firm in his response  and held his face high and proud. Cole burst his bubble instantly.

"Not true! That girl over there is wearing green!" He pointed quickly to a girl, standing afar, wearing what seemed to be a green shirt. It was more of a teal-ie green, but green non the less.

"Ah!"Jay gasped. "Lloyd, date her!" He seemed almost desperate.

"She is wearing your color," I tried to support positively.

Kai smirked and winked at the 'kid.' I sensed that he was about to say some good advice to Lloyd about the girl. Kai gives lots of advice to Lloyd that always helps him in the future.  "And she's cute!"

I sensed wrong. This would not help Lloyd in the future.

Lloyd didn't really know what to do, and started fumbling with his hands.  "Uh..." He blushed furiously.

Cole giggled very unmanly, and pushed Lloyd over toward the girl with the long, blond hair. "Go talk to her!" He smiled brightly. It didn't seem like Cole for a second there.

I could tell Lloyd didn't really know what to do, because of the whole incident with Ember, but he has to try and move on. I nudged him forward a bit more. "Ooh! She has an admirer!"

"Look! He's gonna talk! Ask her out!" Jay bellowed excitedly, forgetting all about the suit and dragging Lloyd out of the store. We followed.

By this time, Lloyd was stuttering and mumbling and blushing crazily. "G-g-guys! I just saw her!"

Kai wiggled his eyebrows, smirking at the green ninja. "There is a thing called, 'love at first sight!'"

I never would have thought Kai would believe in that, but I am surprised everyday about him. Like yesterday, I was surprised when he made Cole a cake and apologized for ruining his old one before. I wasn't so surprised when it was a joke and Cole ran around the house, trying to find some water to stop his 'on fire' throat. I made a mental note never to accept food from Kai.

Then Cole made the threat that caused and sent everyone to a frenzy, trying toget Lloyd to talk to the girl. "I dare you to talk to her and if you don't, I will cook dinner tonight."

Jay was frantic as he started shoving Lloyd forward. "Go Lloyd! NOW!"

Lloyd stumbled forward, but kept walking toward the girl with blond hair.  I could hear him mumbling a few things under his breath, most likely trying to figure out what to say. I tried to encourage him and give him a little good advice. I seemed to be really good at that, or so everyone says.

"Just say hi!"

All my team mates looked at me. I stared back, puzzled. "What?"

ICE NINJA O-U-T

Guys. Sorry for the wait. Please vote and comment and tell me what you like because it helps me in the future writing! :)
Who do you think will hate the girl?

If u are related to me, don't answer, because you probably will know.

ALLOYDGAT0RS O-U-T!