Chapter 20: Awkwardness.

Lloyd POV

Cookie. Cookie. She jumped. Can't. Breathe!

I laid gasping as my teammates gathered around. And that's all I remember.

I woke up in my bed, not remembering anything else from the night. What happened? I have no idea. All I know is that I'm in my room, cuddled in my green blanket, with a water glass next to me.

But something tells me that Nya is gone. Forever. How do I get rid of the awful feeling?

Kai was snoring on the chair next to me, drooling a little on his left cheek. He kept snorting, but he wouldn't snore. He just snorted because he kept trying to keep his head up.

He's going to be sore today. I took a drink of water, draining the glass and leaving the ice cubes.

"Kai!" No answer. My voice was raspy, so I ate an ice cube. "Kai!"

Still, nothing.

I threw my earpiece, which they forgot to take out, at his face.

And, it kinda landed in his mouth. Which miraculously opened, as I threw it. Duh! I wouldn't do that on purpose....right?

He snarffed (is that a word? It makes sense here....) and started choking on the piece, that held my earwax.

I probably should try to think more. I hope he won't dunk me in the chicken pot like Cole did.

That was....different.

Anyway, he started coughing, of course waking up, and took the earpiece out of his mouth. Then, he turned and glared at me.

Gulp. Fake sleeping time. But I guess they know what my fake sleeping looks like, since Kai leaned over in my face.

"Lloyd?" I 'stirred' in my 'sleep'. "Lloyd?"

"Ya?"

Bad move, folks.

"You are so dead!" And he tackled me, on the bed.

"AHHHH!" I screamed. "No tickling!" But that didn't stop him. Until he hit my arm. I yelped.

"Sorry!" A guilty face Kai froze and looked down at me from his revenge spot, standing above me. "I forgot you were hurt."

"Hurt from what?" I asked. "I can't remember what happened. And why can't I move my foot very well?" I picked up my arm and gasped. "WHY IS MY ARM IN ANOTHER CAST?!"

Kai chuckled nervously, glancing around the room for invisible help. "Well, funny story really.."

"WHY IS MY ARM IN ANOTHER STUPID CAST?! AND KEEP THOSE BLOOD THIRSTY PERTTY LADIES WITH NEEDLES AWAY!!"

Kai pinned me down from my thrashing and trying-to-get-out-of-bed-ness. "Lloyd! Stop! You could hurt yourself!"

And that's of course, when Jay walked in. We were in a very awkward position.

Awkward!

"Woah!" he exclaimed, backing up a few steps. "I'm not interrupting anything am I? Because I can leave....WHAT IS SENSEI GONNA SAY?! You guys are busted! Man, when he finds out...and Cole! He owes me fifty bucks! Yes! And do you not mind being lovey-dovey when I'm around 'cuz it's kinda weird and stuff..."