Chapter 17: Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja

Kai's POV

My heart skipped a beat. No, not because a little bird was sitting on Zane's head outside, but because my sister, and Lloyds love-I mean Ember were stuck in the elevator.

And Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja is pressing the button.

I had to do something, and do something fast. There were four other guys, including  Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja.

"Move move move!" Cole hollered into his earpiece. I waited for the crash, then swung myself out from under the table, not waiting for the glass to hit me. I knocked two guys unconscious by connecting their heads, while Lloyd kicked the third, who was advancing toward passed out Jay, recovered from his shock. Jay muttered a few words while waking up, before seeing Lloyd get hurled across the room, crashing into a wall, and crazy third coming at him with a knife.

I dragged the two men to the corner as Jay screamed bloody murder.

Cole and Zane split up, ice heading toward the fourth guy and earth toward Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja.

I tied the two men up quickly as a banging noise came from the elevator. "We're locked in!" Ember screamed.

Lloyd moaned and rolled across the floor, flipping the guy over who was trying to stab a revived Jay. They ended up in a heap at the far corner, Zane throwing guy number four to join them, who had his hand suddenly frozen to the wall.

Chairs were being thrown around and Cole disappeared into a laptop on the table, sending sparks in Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja direction.  Jay truly looked disturbed from his place on the floor, under guy number fours foot.

Either because he was still on the floor, or Cole just used his element.

I think the latter.

Jay seriously is too proud of his electricity.

I did a kick toward Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja,  but he jumped back, bouncing off the wall and toward me. I just managed to dodge his fists, but I didn't see his foot dragging along the floor. He tripped me and I fell.

Hard.

I caught my breath, but before I could get up, two fists slammed into my head, making my jaw snap from hitting the smooth, firm floor.

I groaned and turned but was kicked in the back, letting me slide across the floor and under the table.

Lloyd fell across the room, hitting the wall for the second time with a hard smashing sound. But still, he picked himself up and ran back into the fight, freeing Jay and hitting both number three and four at the same time. Zane still shot ice bursts at four, pinning him to the wall.

We trained him well.

Cole seemed to be having problems sparking the laptop, so he left it, forming back into himself.

Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja slammed his foot down on my arm and kicked my side. He elbowed my eye and threw me back to the ground. I laid spread out, on my stomach.

Everything went in slow motion. 

My heart seemed to beat slower as my vision blurred and noises hushed. Everything seemed to slow down, letting me watch everything in slow motion movie.

Thump. Thump. My heart.

Coles hair slowly flew back, outline his eyebrows as he elbowed Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja in the stomach,  and twirling and kicking him in the belly. Mr- I -hate-Reflexes-and-am-going-to-kill-the-ninja grabbed the chair for support, picking it up to slam on Coles head.