Chapter 3: Gone.

Jays POV

Since Kai was gone, trying to cool himself down, Zane and I offered to carry Lloyd inside. More like we used some sort of mind reading thingy.

Silently, we laid our friend on his green bed. His face was completely white on his green pillow and he didn't readjust himself. He just laid, dead. Not even positive thinking can help us now.

I sighed and Zane blinked away a tear.

I had hoped that, just maybe, he would pop up and go "Joking! Man! This was the best prank yet!"

But he didn't. I sniffed, just waiting for his heart to start beating once more. No movement.

Next, I open my eyes wide, shut them, and open them again. Maybe this was a dream. Maybe I would wake up and Lloyd would be alive and everything would be okay. It's worth a try.

I close my eyes tight and ran into the door. After all, they say that if you're in pain, you will wake up, right?

Well, no. Now I have a headache. And a Zane who thinks I'm mental.

Slowly, Zane and I exited. I looked back one more time.

Please. Lloyd.

Nothing.

Slowly and quietly, we made our way to the dining room. Normally we talked, laughed, and joked with each other. But not today. Without Lloyd, we were nothing. I barely noticed that Kai was gone!

I ate the duck chowder that Cole made, looking around in silence. Everyone else was picking at their own food beside Nya, who was sniffing. She looked worried, probably about Kai and what we're going to do now that Lloyds dead. I wished I didn't sit across the table from her. It makes it so hard to comfort her.

I could comfort her. If I was sitting next to her.

But now, over here, I was nothing.

Lloyd was nothing.

Lloyd was gone.

I bowed my head. I'm gonna make HWR pay, who ever he is.

Kai burst in the kitchen, a hole in the knee of his red flamed GI. "Lloyds gone!"

Nya whimpered and folded her hands.

I looked at Hothead angrily. He made Nya more upset. This was news we all knew! No need to declare it to the world yet!

Cole glared at the Fire Ninja. "We know Lloyd is gone, Kai," he growled through clenched teeth. He thrust a piece of something green in his mouth, and chewed madly.

For once, nobody made fun of Coles cooking. We just ate it.

Kai waved his hand toward the ghost as if he wasn't important. "No, I mean gone gone."

Because that totally makes sense. I turned my back to the mental ninja.

And that's not me.

Zane's eyebrow raised. "Jay and I moved him to his room. He's on the bed." But Kai shook his head a million times, disagreeing with the Nindroid.

Was it possible that Kai missed him? I mean, all of our personal rooms are our colors. Maybe Lloyd blended in to well with his bed. Or maybe, in his rush, Kai entered the wrong room.

"I know!" Kai stamped his foot impatiently. "He's not there. He's gone." I reached my water glass and took a gulp, wiping my mouth on my sleeve.

"Nonsense," I interrupted the red ninja, taking my time to talk.  "We moved him there five minutes ago."