Chapter 33: Turning to the Hot Dark.

A picture of a puppy that I took, to make you happy before this chapter.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I DON'T NEED A HEART ATTACK ON MY CONSCIENCE.

Kai's POV

Everyones slowly improving. Lloyd is starting to chatter now and then and Cole is eating a lot less than he used too. Zane is smiling and wearing his pink apron as he cooks for Cole.

"Kai! Help me!"

"Nya! I can't save you both!" My heart was torn. Unless...I could save them both. My sisters choking caused me to start panicking. Why couldn't Lloyd be in this place. He wouldn't be torn. He would choose Ember. Or Jay? He would choose my sister. I can't pick! Nya dead, or Ember dead. Lloyd disappointed with me and probably hate me forever, or a depressed Jay. And no sister or no friend that I can tease Lloyd about

If I had only known that both situations would make Jay suffer. Or that both would make everyone think it was my fault. Maybe if Zane was there he would have used his mechanical brain to figure out a situation to fix everything.

But I chose Ember and my decision almost costed both lives. I chose Ember because I knew my sister well enough that if I caused a scene, and distract the minions, she could get out of her situation. I didn't know if Ember could do that.

So I chose Ember. And I was the one who failed.

"Kai!" Ember screamed as I tried to spinjitzu toward her. I tried, but I couldn't do it. I must have not focused enough. Nya screamed from the other end of the fight, while Lloyd and Jay fought with everything they had. Jay had sparks of white coming out of his hands, for some crazy reason. Lloyd had his figure turn water and they both spun, desperate to start moving through the guys.

I fiddled with my bracelet as Jay entered the room, his eyes dull and almost lifeless. He trudged past me to the kitchen, where Zane was cooking the rest of his misery out and Cole was eating the rest of his misery out. Jay was the one who hasn't improved a bit. I am trying, for the sake of my friends, but I'm sure that Jays a lost cause right now. He's not even trying. Maybe he feels guilty because he rushed to Nya instead of Ember. Maybe he thinks if he ran to Ember instead, she would still be here.

"I'm falling!"

"Kai!" I heard Nya gasp. I hesitated. Ember fell. I dove. I used my powers.

They weren't there.

I missed Ember by a second as she fell down onto the cement. Her hands were tied. There was a four inch dent in the pavement where she landed on her head and back.

I heard Nya kick the men as Jay punched another, helping her fend off since he finally made it through the minions. Cole and Zane must be stuck somewhere else since I'm sure they would be here if they could.

I placed my ear to her chest. (this is a serious life and death moment no mature comments please 😐) There was still a heartbeat. Still a hope. Her breath hit my cheek.

"Kai!" Sensei spoke, interrupting me from my flashback pieces. "We must train." I followed the however old Sensei is to his room, ready to start my new lessons. Nobody knows what we do in here. I had to promise Sensei I wouldn't tell anyone. And since Lloyd is slowly getting better, we now have to start checking to see if he's spying on us like he would on anything important before.

I flexed my muscles as Sensei unhooked the bracelet from my wrist.

"Now, remember what I taught you."

"Yes Sensei, I remember."

"Good." His beard waved as he talked. "Embrace the hot dark Kai. It's the only way. "

"Embrace the hot dark," I repeated. "I will embrace it." I closed my eyes and felt he power coming to me. I burst into flames.

It's like I'm a different person.

"How is she?" Lloyd rushed toward me, dodging a punch and two kicks. He didn't reach us.

The floor, what we were standing on, collapsed beneath our weight.

It happened again. Ember slipped from off my lap and tumbled into the deep crack that swallowed her and three other guys whole.

"Ember!"
--------
The week after the incident was the worst. Shock stained his cheeks as Lloyd placed a tombstone on an empty grave. There was no body.
--------
He hasn't talked in days and it's depressing all of us. Where is our Jay? Why won't he crack and comeback?
-------
Cole tried to keep up our spirits, but during training, he kept a firm, strong face, trying not to crack.
------
My sisters scared of me. I haven't seen her smile in forever.
------
Zane is an actual robot. He doesn't talk unless spoken too.

I don't get what is happening. Especially after I blew up at that one battle. I just lost it. I felt so much anger and madness toward HWR I burnt down a whole forest. It was like at my finger tips. I didn't do much. Just let out my anger and BAM! Everything changes to the worst. I miss my sister.

Sensei's scared of me now. I can tell, by his shape. I don't know how to explain it, but he's scared.

I think I'm going bad. I feel....different.

Evil different.

That's it. I feel evil. And I kinda like it.

FIRE NINJA O-U-T.

This is kinda a depressing chapter. Sorry. Next one will be better I promise.