Chapter 40: Kai is Still Missing.

Jays POV

Sensei walked into our mission. Recently, he declared that we can do this HWR quest without his help. He claims it will help our learning.

Does it help us when we are dead? No.

Anyway, he stroked his beard and then spoke calmly. "Students and pupils. Recently I have been-"

He was cut off by the one and only Coley-boy. "Sensei," he claimed. "Isn't students and pupils the same thing?"

"Shut it, Cole."

"After you, Jay."

"Boys." At Nya's glare, I gulped and slowly let go of her hand. Then, we listened to what Sensei had to say without Cole being, uh, well, Cole.

"Recently, pupils," he eyed Cole, "I have been training Kai privately as you know."

"Ya Uncle," Lloyd butted in. "What's with that?"

Sensei hung his head. "I failed," he admitted. "Kai had evil within him, and I though, maybe, that if I trained him in the dark side, he would still be good, just with evil abilities, that the bracelet would block his power, while he was wearing it. It seems though, that Kai, the master of fire, is now immune to the bracelet and has retreated to the dark side, with the bracelet only slowing him down."

Nya gasped. "Kai is evil?"

Cole laughed, chuckling away and placed his hand on Sensei's shoulder. "Heh heh, good joke Sensei. Wow, you actually had me there for a second."

Sensei didn't flinch.

"Uh Cole?" I whispered. "I don't think he is faking." Sensei left the room solemnly.

Lloyd snapped his fingers. "It all makes since now! Kai burnt down a whole forest guys! Seriously, he must have something wrong. And those classes with Sensei, of course it wasn't normal training!"

"Is there any hope?" Nya hug her head. "Maybe Kai is still good, Cole just forgot him at the mall."

"Me?"

"Yes Cole, you!" I snapped.

Zane spoke. "We have no proof yet. Sensei only said that he was training Kai. Maybe something happened to Kai."

"Like discovering the power of invisibility!" Cole cheered. "I'm not the only one!" He vanished and returned two seconds later. "Nope, he's not there."

I slapped my forehead.

Beep!

The beeping startled me for a second, before I realized it is the ship telling us that we reached our destination. We were right above the two towers of Ninjago, where the first had the bad guys meeting that we interrupted.  Zane was dealing with the controls in his own little quiet corner.

"Okay," Lloyd breathed. "I know we are all confused right now, but-"

And I don't have to tell you who cut him off.

That fatty.

"Confused?!" he shrieked. "I have amnesia! I'm pretty sure aliens got my brain. Someone punch me, this must be a dream. Am I dead?"

"We can only hope, Cole." I placed my hand on his shoulder, on which he glared at me.

"Continue Lloyd," Zane spoke up.

"But we need to get on our game. We need to stop this HWR. We have barely any information on him and how he is going to conquer the world like my dad tried, but we need to stop whatever he is doing. Also, we need to figure out the stuff about Kai and Ember and see what's going on."

Nya spoke up. "Jay and I will look for Kai, Zane should check out
Ember, and Lloyd and Cole can investigate who is HWR and the end of the world thing. Sounds good?"

"Awe! Why do I have to go to with Lloyd? He always does everything!"

Guess who said that. This is not amusing.

"Says the one who went in the haunted house by himself and turned into a ghost!"

"Hey!"

"Can we shut up?" Nya asked.

Zane nodded. "Nya is Kai's sister, and Jay is usually the only one that can calm down Kai, so I agree. Pixal and I can scan for Ember and check out anything out of the ordinary. Lloyd is the most powerful so he should go after HWR, and Cole?"

"Cole," I spoke up. "Can go with Lloyd because I am not in the mood to babysit."

"Says the one who kisses his pillow."

"Babies don't kiss pillows, genius."

"Okay guys, let's move out!"

"Ninja...GO!"

LIGHTNING NINJA AND NYA LOVER O-U-T!

Hey guys! School is over! Work is here! Vacation is coming!

Enjoy and please comment.

Whoever comments receives my follow.

ALLOYDGAT0RS.