Nya Finds a Duck

(This is another reference chapter from chapter 30.)
Jays POV - ready for a very wise and mature Jay? More serious then funny chapter.
————-

Nya was furious. And trust me. That is not a great way with starting a new day, bright and early, if already at six o'clock she was frowning and stabbing her scrambled eggs.

"N-Nya do you want some pancakes?" I asked gingerly.

"NO!"

"Um okay... do you want a waffle?"

"I'm not hungry, Jay."

"Not even a piece of sausage-"

"NO!"

"Okay."

I took a bite of my waffle as she stabbed her eggs again. Zane gave me some advice when dealing with girls. Just let them be. Let them have their moment, soak up the anger, and they will explode and tell you everything that's wrong in their life-

"It's all Kai's fault!" She forcefully pushed her plate up the table.

I took a drink of my milk and swallowed it slowly before engaging in what was to be the biggest life problem ever. "Why is it Kai's fault?"

Nay glared at me, then back to her eggs. She tried to brush her bed hair back as she stabbed her scrambled eggs once again. "He doesn't understand other people's privacy!"

"Is this about the other night?"

"Of course it is about the other night Jay!"

"Nya, I don't think that it was such a big deal."

Oops. Shouldn't have said that. I swear if she had lazer eyes I would be disintegrated right about now. She huffed very loudly.

"It was a HUGE deal! As big as an enormous, gigantic SPACESHIP OR SOMETHING!"

"Oh-okay Honey." Now that I think about it, Zane said always agree with the girlfriend to keep the peace.

"He's so rude! Last night, we could have easily had our romantic little movie night that we wanted and that we waited for. But no! He makes these stupid rules up that we can't be together alone after 9!"

I finished my breakfast and sat back with a sigh, patting my full stomach. "I'm sure he's just trying to keep you safe."

"He needs to just leave us alone! I wanted time with you Jay! I never get any time with just us! You are a perfectly safe guy and he knows that!" She looked at me. "He's just being a stupid, overprotective brother."

"Am I really a safe guy?" I inched my fingers towards her.

She glared. Again. "Don't even think about tickling me."

"Tickle tickle!" I tickled her anyway.

Bad idea again. Zane should give me more advice.  She screamed in annoyance and stomped straight onto the deck of the Bounty. The door slammed so loud that the refrigerator rattled.

Cole walked in, wide eyed and staring at the slammed door. "Are you gonna follow that?"

"Um, I'm not exactly sure right now," I stated the truth. I scratched my head and glanced down at the dishes, then at the door Nya just went through.

Kai came around the corner. "That was a Nya door slam if I ever heard one," he declared. "Jay, it is your job as the boyfriend to go calm her down."

"And it is your job as a brother to be protective, but also respect us as a couple," I snapped back.

Kai's eyebrow raised and I put my head in my hands. "Sorry. This whole thing with Nya stressed me out a bit. I should have been more mature about stating that."