Chapter 26: The Endless Wallet has Ended!

Zane POV

Jay announced the shocking news the next morning, his belly stuffed and full as he leaned back in his chair.

"I'm going to get a job."

Nya choked on her water, which is weird because usually she's the one choking people with water. Ember tried to help her breathe.

Cole fell through his chair in surprise, landing on his bum. As he stood up, he threw his hands in the air. "Awe! I hate it when this happens! I feel so dumb!"

Lloyd smirked. "You look dumb too, Coley boy."

"Isn't it natural?" Kai joked a little more, after giving Jay the death glare for making his sister choke.

"I think it is!" Lloyd urged on a little more. Ember rolled her eyes and Nya coughed.

"Not again!"

"Like a hippo on a unicycle over New Ninjago city, covered with spaghetti!" Both boys howled at the top of their lungs.

He and Lloyd high-fived. I'm a little scared that Kai is a bad influence on Lloyd. Especially since both of them are doing a little victory dance.

Jay turned and helped Cole out of the chair.

"That doesn't even make sense," he informed them as they body checked. He rolled his eyes.

"Your face doesn't make sense!" Lloyd smirked once more.

"Oh please!" Nya begged, rolling her eyes.

"Is it natural?"

Jay covered Lloyds mouth, but screamed when Lloyd licked his hand. Lloyd laughed. "Kai taught me that!"

I sighed and turned to Lloyd. "We know."

"I think it is!" Lloyd hooted.

Kai and Lloyd nodded at each other. "Like a hippo on a unicycle over New Ninjago city, covered with spaghetti!"

"Not again!" Cole moaned. He slapped his face.

"That doesn't make sense!" I re-informed them. "Is the city covered with spaghetti? Or is the hippo? It's impossible for the hippo to be on a unicycle over Ninjago, so how can they do that, especially if there covered in spaghetti? And if it was the city covered in spaghetti, then how would the--"

"Zane," Lloyd sighed, leaning on my shoulder as if he was the best, his black hair flapping. "Has anyone ever told you that you over think things?"

I blinked. Have they?

Nya slapped Lloyd. "Can we just focus!?" She turned to Jay. "You can't get a job! This is our job!"

Jay stubbornly stuck his jaw out. "I was planning to get a real job! I thought maybe I could go into the pizza business! After all, I was pretty good at throwing pizzas!" Lloyd laughed and Kai smirked, putting his arm around Ember. She huffed and tried to take it off, but she couldn't move it. Lloyd gave one of his famous glares and serious faces to Kai and I was surprised about how fast Kai's arm could move.

"At least we get pizza out of the deal!" Cole laughed. "Heh, heh, heh? No? Okay..."

Silence. Then Ember broke it.

"But Jay!" Ember protested. "We need you on the team!"

Jay shrugged. "You can manage. Besides, I'll be here part time! I just feel that maybe I should try something different! After all, we need money to keep being Ninja! How are we supposed to get new supplies and things?"