Chapter 46: "I Dareth You."

Cole's POV.

I hung my head in shame as my teammates frowned at me, shocked and angry. But they should understand while I did this! What would happen if they had known before hand?

I made Dareth promise to keep it a secret. We went out to eat the one night, him claiming he really did have the power of hot air, in which I needed to be sure if he did or didn't. And that's when the switch happened. Dareth did pretty good with the secret, I'm telling you that.

My teammates would have freaked if they known. And now they do.

Jay mumbled, still shirtless, by the way. I guess after the mist in the room, he forgot to take it back and put it on. I noticed that Kai didn't seem to care how close he was holding Nya with no shirt on.

I thought that WW3 would happen, but it didn't.

They are all to mad at someone.

Me.

Jay mumbled. "I thought we didn't keep secrets."

Lloyd laid gasping for breath in front of the whole crowd, who stood silently in shock. He kept struggling to regain his stance, but laid in sort of a crawling position.

We were done for. Zane spoke up. "How come we never noticed before?"

I hung my head again. "Because I hid it." The crowd gasped and one baby wailed. "I didn't want you to see it. I didn't think it meant anything."

HWR sputtered in shock. "That's impossible! Dareth, the dojo ninja? He didn't have any powers! It was only supposed to go to the people with powers only!"

I half smirked. "He claimed he had the power of hot air."

Kai groaned, standing afar. He shook his head. "I told him that one time."

"Ya?" I snapped. "Well it's got in his head. Congratulations!" I glared at the traitor. Nya slapped me out of anger. But I wasn't done. "Now look where you got us, Kai! It's all your fault." The normally, comeback fierce ninja shrunk back a little.

"Cole!" Nya screamed. Jay held her back.

"May I continue?" HWR raged. "I need to finish my power rant." He pulled his hood down a little more, so we still couldn't see his face. "So anyway, I gave Zane a 'nightmare'. Actually, I just programmed him. It's handy, you know, the enemy having a useless computer in a body walking around."

Now Nya lunged at HWR, Ember standing in front to protect her master. She giggled at the sight of Nya and every evil thing that HWR said, driving us all mad.

These handcuffs suck.

HWR continued. "Now, I programmed Zane and made the program go so fast it only lasted around two seconds.  Had him think he was crazy, actually." He laughed horrifically.

Zane stared wide eyes. "The cut on my hand and my hair snipped? You-you did that?" He opened his palm, staring at the mark that had scared over.

Jay whispered again. "Thought we didn't keep secrets."

HWR chuckled like a menace, which he is. "Jay, innocent Jay. You are so naive. Everyone has been keeping secrets."

Jay looked up in surprise. "Who?"

Nya tugged his sleeve. "Don't ask that Jay. You-you probably don't want to know. It-it isn't good to always know other people's secrets."

HWR smirked. "Nya has."

Jay let go of her and pushed her away. "You what?" His eyes turned teary with shock. "We tell each other everything! WHATS THE SECRET?!"

The door burst open, the two that held our grand entrance before. Domonique came forward, screaming. "Stop, uncle!"

Dareth stepped forward proudly, sashaying his brown ninja suit, freshly washed and pressed. "I am Dareth, and I Dareth you to harm my friends one more time." The brown ninja stood a stance, looking somewhat like a crocodile.

Zane's blue eyes gleamed. "Why did you come, Dareth?"

Cole groaned. "Way to make this worse."

HWR did a belly laugh. "Thank you, niece. I needed a laugh before I kill the Green Ninja!" The crowd gasped and Jay, forgetting his stare down with Nya, stood protectively in front of Lloyd. "Forget the rest of my power rant. Let's finish this."

Dareth raged. "I said I Dareth you not!"

HWR cackled. "And I Dareth me too." He stepped toward the Green Ninja, who was slowly reaching his feet. Dareth watched in horror,  with the crowds and ninja as HWR slammed his fist into Lloyds face, sending the legendary boy into the rail, almost flipping backward into the crowd.

"I can't let you do this," Kai growled. He stepped forward.

"Too bad," HWR smiled. "I knew this would happen. Which is why," he pressed a button and Kai flew backward, unconscious. "I still have buttons."

Nya shrieked a little. Then, Nya turned to me and grabbed my wrist. "You have a boyfriend," I pointed out. She grunted and tried to jam a screw in the metal that was closed around my hands.

Jay rushed forward and swung at the monster, both hands, since they were still handcuffed. He ducked, making a move toward Jays stomach. Jay jumped out of the way and I held my breath as he flipped backward, aiming a kick toward HWRs face. HWR caught his foot, throwing him over his head and into Lloyd.

Lloyd now dangled over the railing of the pretty tall building, over the crowd. Jay held his hand, with both of his.

Jays fingers started slipping. "Swing up!" he cried.

HWR was going to shove Jay over with Lloyd. Zane was held up, defending Nya from Ember, who was trying to pick the locks on my handcuffs, using a little screw she had in her pocket.

Even if I ran, I couldn't make it in time.

"Let me go!" Lloyd begged as the evil ruler came closer. "I would rather die than both of us."

"No!" Jay clenched his teeth, trying to raise the younger boy over the edge. "We both will go." Lloyd dangled dangerously. 

"Nya," I jiggled my wrist. "Hurry up!" I watched as Dareth's eyes darted between the two groups. Ember now had Zane pinned against the wall once more, by her weird invisible talent she has. Her eyes snapped red. Now she was trying to knock him out but he fought with his feet.

HWR reached Jay.

"Say goodbye!"

Nya screamed as tears raced down her cheeks, now focused on her boyfriend and the green ninja. I felt all my muscles tense up and I used all the strength I had left. HWR grabbed Jay and-

An earthquake happened.

But I didn't do it.

CAKE NINJA O-U-T.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh.   This is goooooooooood

Any questions needed answered? Maybe something isn't clear for you. Please ask here so I don't miss anything in these final chapters!

If you have a question, I bet someone else does too.
ALLOYDGAT0RS