Chapter 12: Ember Girl, Cole Pigeon

Nya's POV.

I snuck downstairs, and knocked quietly on the bathroom door. After all, Lloyd doesn't want to tell everyone before we can listen to Embers explanation.

"Is.." A cough stopped the voice, and it continued in a deeper tone. "Is that my clothes?"

I nodded, then remember that she couldn't see me. "Yes."

The door opened a crack and Ember spoke again. "Leave them by the crack."

"Cookie," I sighed, but was rudely interrupted.

"Leave them!" The voice was firm. I flinched, but put the clothes there. The green and blue suit, exactly like mine, was instantly snatched up, then placed back in four seconds.

"These are girl clothes."

"I know," I shuffled. "Because that's what you are." Silence. I really hoped that Lloyd was right. I mean, what happened if he was wrong! Now that would be embarrassed.

Cookie spoke again, her voice soft. "I don't want them." She sighed, and I could tell that she was probably running her hand threw her hair.

"You know they won't care if you're a girl, right?" I informed her. "The don't have a problem with me."

Cookie shoved the suit out a little farther. "Please, just get me a different one."

"I can't," I lied. "We don't have another one." Actually, we have extra in case someone like Cookie comes along, but I wasn't about to tell her that. That suit was the extra girl one. She needed to tell the others, or they (especially Kai) would be furious that we kept the secret from them.

Another sigh came from inside. "I guess..."

"Great!" I cheered. "Now put on these clothes and I'll come do your hair." Finally! I felt like I could pick up the ocean. Another girl!

"Okay," Embers shaky reply came threw the door. I heard rustling and then the door squeaked open. "Come in."

I entered the boys washroom. I have my own, along with my own room. Theirs was mainly white, with black trim and red, white, and blue floor tiles. Ember was seated on a black chair in the corner, her head in her hands.

"Ember," I said softly, picking up her brush of the counter. "What made you disguise yourself as a boy?"

She raised her head and looked at me. She was gorgeous. No wonder Lloyd wasn't focused! She surprised him by being a girl, and she was pretty. Her ocean blue eye and dark green eye matched the tips of her hair perfectly. She had a few freckles that I didn't seem to notice before and perfect lips. Her waistline almost white-blond hair was still damp as I started to run the brush through it.

She looked at me in the mirror, before fingering her hair, twirling it round and round. "I didn't want to feel different. I thought I would be the only girl, and that they wouldn't want me. I didn't know that you were a ninja as well."

I nodded. "I just became one a few months ago."

"What's your talent?"

I created a mist and floated it around the room. Then, made it funnel right down the sink drain, not letting it hit the marble once. Ember looked impressed. "That's awesome!"

I didn't pressure what hers was, because I knew she would come around in time and tell us. We talked a little more, while I put her perfect hair in a loose French braid.

Her favorite food was mashed potatoes, while mine was blueberries. Her most embarrassing moment was when she walked outside with her pants on inside out, while mine was kissing Lloyd, instead of Jay.