Chapter 42: In the Towers Darkened Halls

Cole's POV

"Let's roll." I rolled my eyes as Lloyd flipped around a corner. He has been saying that every single turn! He's gonna be out of energy before the fight even happens!

How do I know that the fight is going to happen?

I can feel it.  Cake powers, you know.

Awesome. Chocolatey.

I shrugged and slugged after the famous Green Ninja. But, when I turned the corner, he wasn't there! Just an empty, darkened hallway with creepy emergency lights flashing on and off. And a little steam here and there.

"Okay," I said. "Lloyd? What ever happened to 'don't leave teammates behind?' Huh? Huh!?"

No answer. I didn't expect one anyway.  Lloyd the fatty, can fall through a grate for all I care. There are lots in the ceiling above. Sensei always says to be aware of your surroundings, so I made sure to thoroughly check every single one for bad guys.

Then I heard a scream. A terrific, horrific, and ahorrible-ific one. Okay, I made up that last one. Anyway, the scream sounded like Jay, and that he was on horrible trouble! It sounded so serious that I almost got goose bumps.

But then I remembered that it was Jay and it didn't matter anymore. He can take care of himself.

Although, since we are looking for this HWR person, I suppose it couldn't hurt to check out why Jay screamed. I mean, it's not like I'm going to help him.

It could be HWR.

With a gasp, I checked the door next to me.

And guess what.

It was locked.

So I went to try another door. But before I could get there, it opened. So I vanished. Simple as that. Although, the person who came out in all black robes and with red edging went through me, I was fine. I just felt weird. Kind of like I'm invisible, you know?

Oh wait....

Anyway, the person was pulling something blue with a little blood coming out of his nose, along behind him on the ground.

Jay? Well, I guess Jay can't stand on his own. I should have came quicker to help out my buddy, my pal! But where is Nya? I thought she would at least protect him.

Screaming and shrieking, Nya was pulled out of the room. Arms behind her back, and yelling, she was pulled around the corner from me.

Where was Jay? I thought at least he would protect his love.

Oh wait......

I've got this.....

I have to save them! Could you imagine me having more fans than Kai? Or going to more important meetings than Lloyd? Or being smarter than Zane?

Wait, how would that make me smarter, saving Jay and Nya? I would be around Jay! I would probably loose brain cells!

Whatever. It's a price to pay to be awesome and well known.

Still invisible, I walked behind the  man and the girl in Embers personal ninja suit. It's weird how it looks exactly like her....