Chapter 11: Lloyd Knows It, Lloyd Likes It.

Lloyds POV

So I led Cookie to our bedroom, showing him where he would sleep.

"Since we have three bunk beds, and five ninja, besides Nya, we have one extra." I tossed him a blanket and he caught it inches before his face. Really good reflexes. "So you'll get the bunk on top of mine."

Ember nodded, fluffing up the pillow already there. "My guess is Nya gets the room to herself." I nodded.

I watched him work, wondering how he made everything look so easy. He was almost graceful, even making his bed smoothly.

"So," I nodded toward him, and his deep blue eye and dark green shone with interest. "Are you ever going to take the voice changer thing off?"

Embers eyes flashed angrily. "In time," the machine croaked. I think the batteries were almost dead, because now he could barely say a thing without static getting in the way, or sound warps.

I nodded. "Well, make yourself comfortable. The top drawers on the dresser in the corner is yours." Cookie nodded, jumping down from his place on the bed. No sound was made as he landed.

"I don't have much stuff," he admitted sadly. "I was on the run since I was twelve." I could just make out the word twelve.

"Oh," was all I said. Ember nodded.

"Nobody wanted me."

I could relate to that. When I first got here, the ninja hated me and thought I was a brat. I mean, I kind of was, but they really disliked me. They didn't want me here. I left Darkly's because they didn't want me either. My dad didn't want me to turn evil either, so I couldn't hang out with him.

I helped Ember unload a few things from his pockets, but that's all he had.

"LLOYD!"  A shout echoed around the room. "Zanes looking for his apron!"

I sighed and grabbed the apron off the floor of our room. What it was doing there, I had no idea. "I'll bring it up in a second, Nya!"

The reply came a few seconds later. "Okay!"

"Sorry," I said to Ember. "I got to go. But, the shower is in the bathroom, the next door on the left down the hall. I'll leave a fresh suit next to the door."

"Thank you Lloyd," Ember told me earnestly. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I stiffened. For all I know his power was Amber, and he had just gained access to my power.

Great.

"No problem." I tried acting natural, but inside, my heart was beating fifty five times a second. "Have a fun shower." And with that, I left the room.

I slapped my face as soon as I couldn't see Cookie. What a dumb sentence! Have a fun shower? Like what in the world?!

I froze on the stairs, ignoring Kai and Jay still at it, but now on the deck. I forgot the apron in the room.

I retraced my steps back to the room, where I inched the door open.

Cookie had taken off his hood. Or should I say, her hood. My heart skipped a beat, as she waved her head, letting the long hair cascade over her shoulder.

Cookie was a girl.

A really pretty girl, with blond hair down to her waist. The inches of the tips of hair were dyed in sections of blue and green. It completely matched her eyes.

It was beautiful. She was beautiful! Well, at least the back of her. I grasped the doorknob and opened and closed my mouth. I don't know what to do! Should I tell the others? Should I tell Cookie? I mean, obviously she knows, but she doesn't know I know.