3

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 3: The Originals

{D.K}

       Dakota wondered what potion the Original witch gave her children at birth, because so far, the two she had seen were gorgeous. "Is you hair always so soft?" She asked Elijah, who was standing in her living room along with Elena and her posse.

       "I'm not sure, I've been locked in a coffin for some hundred years."

       "Sounds confining."

       Elena frowned at at the two, her brown eyes judging from afar. "How are we going to kill Klaus?"

       Elijah's face remained stoic as he looked from face to face around the room. "When Niklaus finishes the ritual he will be at his weakest, your witch will continue to weaken him and before she dies from exertion, I will rip his heart from his chest."

       "I give it a solid seven for gore, five for originality. You're old, you could do much better."

       Elijah averted his gaze to Dakota, the slightest of smiles passing through. "Maybe after I kill my brother, I'll take you with me for a little road trip and show you what a ten is like."

       "That sounds bloody." Dakota thoughtfully comments, ignoring everyone else's worried eyes. "I like it. You've got yourself a date Mr. Mikaelson. Don't get to frisky though, I'm a classy girl."

Damon scoffed, downing a cup of bourbon. Such alcoholics they all are, shame. "If you two are done flirting, let's carry on with the plan."

"Since none of you will let the doppelgänger die, which would honestly solve a lot of problems," She muttered gaining multiple glares from everyone except Elijah.

"I will provide an elixir, that shall bring you back after he kills you. It was originally meant for Katerina when she was human."

Damon scoffed in anger, stomping over to Elena after slamming his glass down on my table. "Such a great plan, we're going to put our faith in some five hundred year old elixir that may or may not bring you back. I refuse to let you do this."

Elena stared up at the vampire that was clearly in love with her, weither she noticed or not. "It's not your choice Damon. I won't let anyone die for me."

       "Actually he's got a point Elena." Dakota admitted, gaining their attention. "You being alive is going to get other people killed. I hope you know that the two other sacrifices will also be dying with you. So weither you like it or not, someone is going to die and you're going to have to accept that fact."

       "Why is she even here?" Elena complained, looking over at Stefan and Damon. "She hasn't been of any help since she got here and she's already tried to kill Damon."

       Damon cringed, fiddling around with his daylight ring. "Dakota was kind enough to agree to helping us protect you."

       "That's impossible."

       Dakota gave a humorless laugh, looking down at her expensive shoes. "So are vampires. But don't look so flattered, if anyone threatens to kill me to get to you, you'll be greatly missed." Elena's look of shock quickly turned to fear.

       "She doesn't even count as real protection. Bonnie can help me."

       Elijah shook his head, now covering the fancy bottle the elixir was it and placing it back in his suit pocket. "She'd die, there's only so much power she can use before the ritual takes place."

       "Don't worry Elena, I keep my word when I make a deal. And once this deal is over, you're going to learn your place and stop talking to me like I'm on of your idiotic friends." Dakota checked the watch on her wrist before clapping her hands together. "Alright, party's over. Everybody out of my house. I have business to attend to."

       "What kind of business?" The doppelgänger forced out while Damon was all but carrying her out of Dakota's large home. She didn't miss Stefan's look of anger, but decided not to comment.

       "That's information that doesn't concern you." Dakota shut the door, locking it quickly and grabbing her phone to dial a number.

       "Hello?" Her sultry voice answered.

       "If you want to speak to your daughter before she dies, I suggest you do it now Isobel."

"Always straight to the point. I've always liked that about you."

I rolled my eyes, scraping at the coral nail varnish that was chipping off my nails. "Cut the shit Isobel, I know that you care about her and although I hate you and her with a burning passion, you own me one. And if a call from Mommy dearest is what stops Elena Gilbert from being so uptight and sad, then please do it now."

"That's your request?" She asked incredulously, seeming awestruck at the simple payment cost she owed.

Dakota laughed lightly. "No, I want you to apologize for being a awful mother. Dopplebitch isn't my favorite person, but everyone deserves a mom to give a crap about them."

    There was a long pause on the recieving end of the phone call. "Fair enough." Dakota pressed the 'end call' button and slid the phone back into her pocket.

       "Are you sure that was smart of you?"

Elijah sauntered elegantly around the couch, running a single finger over the dark leather. "Maybe, maybe not. Can't say I'm regretful though."

"I've never met a vampire quite like you."

Dakota pointed a teasing finger at the original, grabbing a strawberry from a tray on the island, biting half off. "That's the point 'lijah. Can I call you 'lijah? I'm going to anyway." She threw the strawberry top away and grabbed another. "I have a whole eternity ahead of me, why would I spend it trying to be like other vampires, or humans for that matter."

"Have care with how you act around authority. Not all are as lenient as I am."

Dakota rolled her eyes, angrily chomping at the sweet fruit. "I know, your brother, total dick." Elijah raised one thick brow. "I may've had a small encounter with the hybrid in town, he spilled his coffee all over me. I handled it though."

"What exactly is your version of 'handling it'."

"I spilled the remaining coffee on him."

"That was not a very wise move." He began, sitting on the arm of the couch, and crossing his ankles. "Niklaus does not forget an act of disrespect."

"Well 'lijah, your narcissistic brother can take his unrequited respect and shove it up his hybrid ass."

"I wouldn't say that too loud." Elijah prompted, speeding over to Dakota and stealing a strawberry from her plate.

She watched him bite into it, wondering how he could make eating look so elegant. But then again, he had a thousand years on his belt and that gave room for lots of practice. "I'll say it as loud as I see fit."