14

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 14: Wolfsbane Smoothie

{D. K}

When Ray rudely denied Klaus of his services, a look of anger was sent towards Dakota, a silent signal that it was time for Plan B. "Sorry Ray," She apologized, grabbing his arm and sending him into the wall opposite of the door. "—but we drove a long way to find you, and we aren't leaving until you tell us where your pack is at."

Ray spat in Dakotas face, his saliva dripping down her face. Hastily she wiped it off with her hand, using a nearby napkin to clean the remains off. Klaus nearly killed Ray then, had Dakota not taken a fork she'd seen on the table and forced it through his hand, the metal scraping against the wooden tables. "Go to hell, you bloodsucking bitch."

"You look thirsty Ray, how about we get you something to drink." Dakota offered, taking a strawberry milkshake off of a waitresses tray and setting it on the table, her body blocked the drink as she added a herb to it. When she turned, Sutton saw the green and purple plant floating around in the creamy pink liquid. "Here, it's my specialty. I added a little something too it." Forcing his out open, she dumped a dollop onto his mouth, using both hands to keep it shut and shallow. "It's called Wolfsbane."

Rays eyes widened as his mouth, throat and stomach burned as it went down. The herb poisonous only to werewolves burned everything it touched, sending Ray into a fit of painful screams. "What the hell do you want from me?"

Dakota twirled the plant between her fingers, running the purple flower under to nose to inhale the soft scent. "Just tell us where your pack is Ray, and I'll stop."

"I'm never going to tell you." Tears welled up in his eyes at the fiery pain in his body amplified as it laid there in his stomach, burning him inside out.

The vampire took the wolfsbane laced smoothie and shook it up. "Then I'll never stop." And the torture continued.

Rays pain-filled screams echoed through the closed bar filled with compelled people. "Just tell us Ray and I'll stop." Dakota had changed her method, using liquified wolfsbane and a dropper. She waited after he finished screaming to hear his answer.

"I'm not t—" Not allowing him to finish, she took the filled dropper and dripped the poison into his eyes, stepping back to hear his cries. "Alright, alright stop. P-please stop, I'll tell you."

Klaus finally stood up, a pleased expression on his face. "About time you came to your senses. Where are they Ray?"

"I can't tell you, but I'll show you."

Taking the answer, Klaus is approached by a waitress with information on Damon and Alaric who've been tracking Dakota and him for months. "Dakota, I have a slight problem to attend to, your lover boy has been quite a nuisance trying to find you sweetheart."

"Let me do it." Blue eyes stare into hers, trust clear in them.

"I'll wait here sweetheart, take my keys."

Holding them at the tip of her pointer finger, Dakota smirked. "I was planning on it."

As Dakota sauntered off, Ray watched as Klaus' eyes stayed glued on her retreating frame. "You like her?" Blood dropped from his body, not healing because of the poison coursing through his veins.

"She is the ideal woman," Klaus confirmed. "Smart, confident, beautiful, the list goes on Ray."

The werewolf laid there, doing his very best to keep Klaus occupied for as long as possible so that it would buy him time to heal from the abuse that was taking a strong toll on his restrained body. "Tell me about her."

Seeming to catch on to Rays plans, Klaus smirked, taking a knife from his pocket. "She's a very... twisted woman. In fact, she taught me a couple steps that I'm going to show you. Is that alright Ray?"

         "I don't think so, I'm not really up for it."

         "Good. "

Keeping a watchful eye on the knife held tightly in Klaus' grip, Ray shakily asked a question my "What are you going to do to me?"

"Have you not been listening to a single word I've said?" Klaus sliced his wrist open, shoving his bleeding wrist into Rays mouth.

"Now what?"

"It's time for step two Ray." In one swift motion, Klaus snapped the werewolf's neck. "How did it go, love?"

"Damon's little play thing is dead, he tried to save me, but I don't think he realizes I'm too far gone to be saved." Her brown eyes glazed over, sadness clear in her eyes that she quickly masked. "Anyways, I see you've taken care of Ray. Are you going to put him in the car until he wakes up?"

"Why would I do that?"

Waving her hand to order a shot of tequila, Dakota rolled her eyes at Klaus. "Because he never told us where his pack was, he just said he'd take us to them. Can't do that if he's dead."

Klaus' jaw clenched in frustration, having not thought about that. "Bloody hell."

"Don't have an aneurysm, he'll wake up soon. In the meantime," Dakota raised up her drink, sliding the second one over into Klaus' hand. They clinked glasses. "—cheers."

In a fluid motion, they swallowed their drinks down the burn they'd grown used to not effecting them as much as it did when they were mere changelings. "Don't you have anything stronger?"

"We don't need anything stronger," Dakota vetoed. "—he's driving."