13

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 13: Raining Blood

{K. M}

He watched her with pride, Dakota was doing his dirty work as he sat back at watched the show. Her fangs sunk into the girls neck, pressing her body so tightly against her, just to get every drop of the crimson liquid.

After their bodies were rendered useless, she ripped the skin from their flesh, then pulled out the muscle, grotesquely shaping them to spell out a message on their wooden floor. "You done, love?" Klaus observed the mangled bodies that were now just bone.

The veins under Dakota's eyes retracted, her fangs hiding themselves back into the roof of her mouth. "I suppose." Her brown hair spilled over her shoulders, framing her small face. "Weren't you supposed to stay in the car all-mighty hybrid."

       Wiping the traces of blood off of her mouth and chin with a wash rag that was on the counter, he gave her a small smile. "I was going to, but I had to stay and watch you in your natural habitat. It's very appealing to the eye."

       "Yes, how appealing. Watching a girl kill people without remorse. I'm aroused." Dakota sarcastically retorted to the much older original.

       "Now love, I know you wanted me but I didn't think it was so bad that you had to drop not-so-subtle hints." He ran his finger tips up and down her bare arm, the slightly chilly night weather not bothering her exposed skin.

        Grabbing his hand from her arm, she stared  into his blue eyes. "Highway 41, it'll take sometime to get there, we should hit the road. But, before we go, might as well use their shower to clean up." Dakota pulled her shirt off right in front of him, throwing the bloodied fabric into his face. "Find me another shirt, will you?"

       Slowly taking the shirt off of his face, he followed her every move, thinking of plenty of scenarios that could happen, she was teasing him that much was obvious but how far was she going to let him retaliate.

       It surprised Klaus how quickly he followed her wishes, going into his car to retrieve a new shirt that was his. When they stopped at hotels for the night, Dakota made it a habit to steal his shirts and wear them for the night, leaving them back in his bag the next morning, her strong scent of vanilla and jasmine abusing his nose. "Get that shirt yet?" Dakota calmly asked, walking down the stairs with a new pair of shorts and a bra.

       "Not sure if you need it."

       Dakota shrugged, very comfortable in this state no matter who was watching. "That's fine, I'm sure nobody will complain if I walk into that bar."

Klaus' joking demeanor quickly changed as he all but put the shirt on Dakota himself. "Nobody's allowed to see you that way, you're mine."

Buttoning up the small V-cut on Klaus' t-shirt she shook her wet hair that was pulled up in a ponytail. "Just because I'm here to help you create your stupid hybrid family, doesn't mean that I am yours Klaus. I have standards, and you don't fit them."

       Klaus' heartbeat quickened, the thought of an actual challenge swirling around in the very depths of his brain. "Is that so? Well, I think by the end of this summer, I will have you as my own."

"End of the summer? You only have two months Klaus, are you sure you want to try such a task on such short notice?"

"Why? Afraid you're going to lose?"

Dakota walked over to him, bopping his nose, her mouth minty fresh from the brushing she'd done while in the shower. "You're trying to win my heart Nik, I have no reason to be afraid."

With a game set in stone, the flirtatious gestures between the amplified significantly.

It took Dakota a couple of weeks to warm up to Klaus after she'd made the deal to save Damon, and when she finally did, all the kills she made were so much more satisfying. She almost considered him a friend. It was just taking longer for her to fully trust him since what happened with Elijah, his brother who betrayed her and broke every ounce of trust she had in him. "You never did tell me what happened to Elijah." She spoke on impulse, bypassing Klaus as his body tensed. His fingers gripping the steering wheel much tighter than before.

"I granted his wish, I reunited him with his family."

Dakota nodded from her seat, messing with a piece of her bone straight hair. "So, you daggered him. That's fine, I just needed my moment to say I told you so." She looked around, knowing that even while daggered a part of your soul goes to The Other Side. The witches had told her that they saw the Originals there time and time again.

"Well, as fun as talking about my temporarily deceased brother, let's stop. There's the bar, I'll go find Ray, you—"

       "—Wait discretely by the door incase he decided to make a run for it. I know the drill by now Klaus." She walked in first, hips swaying just enough to leave one staring, but she held an aura that radiated 'Don't Touch'.

Two minutes passed and Klaus walked in, a cheerful grin on his face as he walked up to Ray sitting at the bar. "Ray Sutton?" He questioned, explaining to the man that we'd been looking for him for quite sometime.

"I think I'll be going now." Dakota stepped up placing one of her hands on his chest to stop him. "Vampires."

" Yes, my girlfriend here is a vampire. But do you know what I am?"

"Annoying." Dakota thought, trying her hardest not to express the thought. Girlfriend was a common term Klaus used when asked who they were.

"I'm a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf."

Ray gawked at Klaus with confusion and awe. "What?"

"I'm both Ray. And I want to make more. I hear you have a pack, and I want them to be my very first batch of hybrids."