29

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 29: Displays of Violence

{D. K}

       "Yes, vampire Barbie?" Dakota answered her phone, blood coating her mouth as a twenty-something year old hottie sat on her couch allowing her to drink from him. She was preparing to compel him when he told her not to, that he liked it, so she didn't.

       "Dakota," Caroline started, clearing her throat before continuing. "Can I come over?"

       The brunette paused from her drink. "Why? We've never talked before."

       "I know, but I don't have anyone else, and I need someone to be one hundred percent honest no matter what."

        "What about doppelbitch and voodoo doll?"

        "Bonnie and Elena went to North Carolina to find out more about Bonnie's birth mom."

        Dakota sighed. "I'm at my house, front door's open."

        Caroline drove to Dakota's house, only knowing where it was because it had been vacant for years and kids from her high school used to come by and try to graffiti the place.

        When she pulled up the large house was covered in various flowers and a cherry blossom tree on the front yard. "Dakota?" Caroline called out, opening the front door. She was tempted to explore the house, a new surrounding and Caroline was always nosy.

        "Over here, I'm having lunch."

        "Where's Klaus?"

        Dakota rolled her eyes, licking the blood from her mouth. "Out causing trouble, being a dick, the usual."

"Trouble in paradise?" Caroline plopped down on the couch, the leather cool and comfortable.

"Says you, your hybrid boyfriend bit you. Fatal bites like that make me draw a line on heavy touching."

"Then how do you and Klaus—"

Dakota smirks. "Well, I'd only draw that line if the person I was with didn't have the cure to that fatal wound flowing through his veins."

"Has he bitten you?"

"No, he's really careful about biting with his fangs exposed." Dakota looked down at the human she was sitting on while she drank from him. "Where are my manners? You want a drink?"

        Caroline smiled uncomfortably, her eyes darting away from the blood leaking from the mans neck, willing herself from taking a drink. "No, I don't drink from the vein."

         "Why not?" Dakota curiously asked, biting her wrist and feeding the man so he could recover.

         Caroline sighed. "I don't want to kill him." After Dakota pulled her wrist from his mouth she guided him to the door, making him leave. "I came here to talk about Tyler being sired to Klaus. It's really putting a damper on our relationship."