9

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 9: Witch Bitch

{D. K}

       "So we're just going to wait here while your brother sacrifices Elena?" Jeremy starts, stomping up to Elijah and Dakota.

       "We don't have much of a choice. None of the grimrore's have anything on ensuring that Elena will survive with the elixir. We just have to trust that it doesn't have an expiration date."

        Bonnie glanced up from her spot on the wooden floor. "What if it does?"

        Dakota frowned and shrugged her shoulders. "Then you won't have to worry about any other supernaturals coming to Mystic Falls. Maybe you'll actually live to graduate high school."

        "Dakota," Elijah calls, softly touching her shoulder. "Let's go."

        "Oh, Bennett. Some witchy friends popped in a few nights ago, told me to give this to you." Dakota tossed the bottle to her, it landing in Bonnie's chocolate colored hands.

         "What is it?"

         "Something to make sure the power that your harboring will stay a little longer and not drain out so quickly."

         Looking down at the purple colored mixture she nodded. "Thanks."

         Without response, Dakota went with Elijah into the car. On the drive there, she peeked occasionally at Elijah who was staring intently at the road ahead.

        "The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets." He explains to Alaric and Dakota. The vampire hunter walked with the vampires in sync, hiking his bag up on his shoulder. "First the werewolf, then the vampire, and finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid."

     Stefan looked down at his feet, clearly uncomfortable with the thought of Elena's death. "So, when do we attack?"

   "Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable in the transformation, that's when Bonnie comes in."

     Stefan's green eyes bored into Elijah's. "And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?"

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I can finish the job myself." Stefan's phone rang in the middle of Elijah's response. Dakota could see his jaw clench at the gesture of disrespect.

     Placing a hand on his shoulder, Dakota smirked. "Careful, old man. Not everyone kept their manners that they learned over the years. New generation, new mannerisms."

"I remember a time when the people of my village didn't even look at us in fear of being persecuted."

"Sounds lonely."