44

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 44: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

{D. K}

       Dakota strolled into the Grill, her mind set on the bar to get a drink. "Whiskey, neat."

       A dark skinned man with a baldhead was in the seat beside her. "Hello, beautiful."

       "Sorry buddy, I'm taken."

       "By who?"

       The shot glass was set before her, the scent of vervain so strong she almost groaned aloud.

       So this was the hunter everyone was talking about.

        Preparing herself, she look in a breath before downing the shot. Centuries of vervain consumption little by little made it easier, but the burn of the toxin still hurt like a bitch. "What's your name? I've never seen you around."

        "Yeah, I'm new. My names Connor."

        Dakota nodded, deciding against ordering another shot that was probably laced with vervain. "What brings you to Mystic Falls, Connor?"

         "A job, a friend of mine called me and I'm here to help the sheriff with the spontaneous increase of deaths."

         "Really," She faked interest. "—so you work in law enforcement?"

         A cryptic smile took place on his unique face, his white teeth contrasting against his warm colored skin. "Something like that."

         An hour had passed, and Dakota had been drilled by Connor the entire time, but she had to give him props for being so subtle about it.

         Her phone buzzed, signaling an incoming call mid-sentence. "Oh, that's my boyfriend. I really need to take this." Dakota walked a safe distance away to make sure Connor couldn't overhear anything. "Damon, what's wrong?"

          "Any chance you could come help me with something?"

          Dakota glanced behind her shoulder, getting an eyeful of the hunter that was looking at her empty glass with satisfaction. "Help you with what, exactly?"

           "Nothing important. I just have two bombs surrounding me with the triggers embedded in my body."

           Her eyes widened. "Oh my God. Hold still, I'll be there as soon as I can."

           "Something wrong?" Connor spoke when she returned to the bar.

            Dakota pulled a twenty dollar bill from her wallet, dropping it on the bar. "My boyfriend is sick, food poisoning and he asked if I could pick up some medicine for him before I went home."

            "What has he been eating?" He prodded, his eyes hardening and Dakota seemed to notice that he was in hunter mode.

            "Actually, it was something I made, homemade sushi wasn't exactly the best idea. I thought it came out pretty good, but apparently the fish I used was sitting in the freezer a little longer than the label recommended."

            Connor seemed to relax, believing Dakota's lie. "Well, I should let you go play doctor."

            Dakota waved, walking out of the Grill calmly, but the second the door shut and she was out of his line of view, she ran to her car. The link Damon had sent her, giving the directions were useful as she got out of the car halfway into the woods. She walked the rest of he way before she found a small trailer. "Damon," She whispered.

             There was silence for a moment before she heard a relieved sigh. "Kota, a little help here."

             She opened the door, taking in the sight of Damon with an arrow in his chest that came out of his back and another in his leg. Connecting to the arrows, was a wire that would trigger the bombs.  "What do you want me to do?"

             Without even having to see his face, Dakota knew that Damon was rolling his crystal blue eyes. "Cutting out the arrow would be nice."

             Her eyes darted around the messy trailer for the knife that she soon found in the counter. Dakota started off with the arrow in his back, using the stainless steel hunting knife to cut the weapon. "Mind telling your best friend why you were out here on hunter duty by yourself?"

             "Because my only friend was at the Grill distracting said hunter with her charm and beauty. Though I shouldn't make your efforts go to waste, so I decided to snoop around for clues."

             Dakota's hands slowed, and she looked up at the jet black hair that Damon adorned. "You don't have to lie to me," She softly spoke, getting back to work.

             "I'm being one hundred percent honest." Damon defends. "I've been told it's one of my best qualities."

             "We're you told that before or after compulsion?" The joke died down quickly as Dakota's mind races back to Damon and his true motives. "Damon you're strung to a bomb while Stefan is playing Edward Cullen with the girl who broke your heart."

            "Kota, don't start this again, please. I don't want to talk about Elena."

            "Fine," Dakota twisted the knife one last time, quick and hard. "I think that should be good."

            Without so much as a grunt, Damon ripped the arrow out of his chest, dropping it carelessly on the table.

            "So, where have you been all day, love?"

            "Decided I wanted a drink, met a hunter, saved Damon from being blown up. The usual."

            Klaus welcomed Dakota into his open arms with a lazy smile. For a few moments they talked idly about things that didn't pertain to the supernatural or the hunters that had plagued Mystic Falls.

            The mood changed and Dakota began leaving little kisses on Klaus, her lips leaving imprints into his skin like a branding. "If I hadn't known any better, I'd say you've been diagnosed with sexual tension."

            Dakota was kissing up Klaus' neck, sucking on some spots and leaving marks that healed much quicker than she liked. Soon, she moved her lips higher so theirs could touch.

            The kiss was sweet and tender before it grew more rough and heated. Pulling away the slightest bit, Dakota spoke, her lips brushing Klaus' teasingly with each word. "Sounds terrible, think you might have something to cure it?"

            All it took was Dakota to kiss him once more, this time taking his bottom lip gently with her teeth. With superhuman strength, Klaus tore the shirt she was wearing off of Dakota's body. "I might."

A/N

I'm not a huge fan of this chapter, but I'm satisfied with it enough to publish it. Please leave comments and maybe a couple witty sentences. If I like one, I'll put it in one of the chapters and give you a shoutout at the beginning of the chapter.

Love, Cece