22

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 22: Papa Original

{K. M}

"So the doppelgänger isn't the problem," Rebekah sat on top of a car, thinking out loud. "—her blood is the solution."

Klaus was giddy inside because he'd finally succeeded in creating a hybrid. Dakota was in the hospital making sure the doctors were getting as much of Elena's blood out of her body without killing her. "Seems so."

"How did you know?"

"You know how much the original witch hated me. Do you honestly think I'd do anything than opposite of what she said?"

       Rebekah let out a small laugh at the back of her brothers turned head. "A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you."

      "From her perspective, it makes sense. It was her fail safe incase I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she died—"

     "Then you wouldn't have her blood to sire yourself a new species."

     Klaus looked down at his shoes. "Leaving me alone for all time."

     Rebekah finally came to realization of why her brother went through all of the trouble to make the hybrids. "That's what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids. You just don't want to be alone?"

     Tears welled up in Klaus' eyes but he suppressed them from falling down. "What I want, is to make my girl, my hybrid, and get the hell out of this one pony town." Klaus changed the subject quickly, not fond of the heavy emotions swirling around the air. "Why don't you go get the truck, and I'll get Dakota and the blood."

    Rebekah slid off the car and made her way to the truck like her brother wanted. "Look who decided to join the party."

    "Where is she?"

    "Elena?"

    "No, Dakota. I know Stefan is already with Elena."

    Klaus tensed at the oddly possessive look on the older Salvatore's face at Dakota's name. "She's receiving Elena's generous donation. Can't let you interfere, mate."

    "You'll have to kill me, she's my best friend Klaus."

    "I would love to kill you, but I made a promise to Dakota, my girlfriend."

     Damon stopped resisting against Klaus, his blue eyes widening significantly at the newfound information. "Girlfriend?"

     "You haven't heard?"

     "Can't say I have, but how do I know you're not lying?"

     "Why would I lie?"

     "Since when do you tell the truth is the real question.  All of you Original dicks—"

     Before he could finish the sentence, Klaus held him by his neck cutting of the airflow. "Don't you want to hear about your friend Mikael." Damon grunted, his lips beginning to turn an awful shade of purple.

     "What do you know about Mikael?"

     Damon stared up at Klaus, he breathing restrained as he spoke it came out strained. "Just that he knows that you're here."

     "You're bluffing."

     "Katherine and I found him. Consider it our leverage."

Dakota watched out the window as the trees trailed behind them in a blur, proving how fast Klaus was driving. "Why are we leaving Mystic Falls again?" She asked from the passenger seat. "And why did we leave Rebekah?"

"Don't worry about it."

Dakota shrugged her shoulder that held onto a camisole that was slightly see through. "It's just odd how you left your first successful hybrid all alone in Mystic Falls. Shouldn't we be celebrating?"

"Stop talking about it, Dakota!"

"Whatever, you temperamental asshole." She sneered at him. "Have an attitude, but don't take it out on the only person who's been there for you all summer."

"You mean the one person who's lied to me all summer."

"Be glad that I did, because if I hadn't you would've killed Elena and you wouldn't have her blood to make your stupid hybrid minions."

Klaus relaxed, reaching over to take ahold of Dakota's hand that was balled into a fist. After prying her fingers open, he looked down at their hands intertwined with each other. "I told Damon that we were dating."

Dakota's head whirled over to look at the side of Klaus' face that was faced away from her. "Excuse me?"

"Then he responded by telling me that Mikeal knew that I was in Mystic Falls, that's why we're out of that town."

The brunettes head was clouding up because of what he was telling her. "Slow down. Who's Mikael?"

"A vampire, vampire hunter."

"So he's a vampire, but he kills his own species?"

"Yes, and right now he's after me."

Dakota's eyebrows clinched closer in confusion. "Why is he after you specifically?"

Klaus sighed. "Because he's my father."

A silence took over the car and Klaus peeked at Dakota quickly to see her reaction. "You know you can't just drop a bomb on me like that and not expect me to want to ask a bunch of questions."

"I'm not going to stop you, love."

Out of the big bag of questions in Dakota's head, she picked the simple ones to ask first. "Why is he after you?"

"My father has always been a cruel man. When I was human, he hated me because I wasn't his child."

"Your mom cheated?"

Klaus nodded. "When he became a vampire that hatred intensified and he spent over a thousand years tracking Rebekah and I because she took my side instead of his."

Dakota noticed how his hand gripped her a little bit tighter when he talked about Mikael. "You're scared of him?"

"Not afraid. Just cautious."

"Why's that."

"Because, if my father wants someone dead, they die."

I swear you guys make me so happy. I love reading your comments, and when there is positive feedback it gives me motivation to post more often.

Oh, and a comment for the previous chapter. Someone asked me if Klaus and Dakota were having that slightly intimate moment in front of Elena. Yeah, they were because both of them are impulsive and don't give a shit if she watches. Not like her annoying human ass could do anything about it. (Btw for the person who commented that I'm not throwing shade, I just really hate Elena's character.)

Love you guys!

Big surprise coming up in the next chapter, so look out for the A/N in it.