57

I want to apologize in advance because this is going to be the longest chapter I've written for his book. I wanted get this episode out of the way so we could have the background information on the sire bond and things like that. The following chapters will lean further towards Dakota and Klaus more so than with Damon and his sire issues with Elena so please bare with me. Thank you all for reading and please comment your thoughts.

I love you all

Cece

-------

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 57: Bourbon Street

{D. K}

        The streets of New Orleans was full of people and life. People of all different cultures were dancing, wearing all different colors of jewelry and clothing. There were an occasional cop walking to keep things in check, but everything is the same as she remembered. "This city is just the same." Stefan seemed to voice Dakota's thoughts. "Just brighter. "

         "Have you been back since forty-two?"

         "Nope, not since I shipped off to join the war effort and you didn't."

         Damon didn't sit on the bitterness held in Stefan's tone. "Somebody had to entertain the ladies who'd been left by their menfolk. "His phone beeped, and he stopped to check the message. "Good news. Elena is out with the girls, so she won't get in trouble. I told her she could make herself at home."

         "Yeah. You told her, so she does, right?"

         The oldest Salvatore scoffed, sending his best friend a look of disbelief. "The sire bond is not literal, Stefan."

          "Really?" Stefan's voice went up and octave, staying while Damon tried to keep walking, trying to escape the conversation with his brother that he'd rather drop. "Name one thing that you haven't asked her for, that you haven't gotten."

          Damon's face hardened when he met gazes with his brother. "You know what I haven't gotten? Blame, guilt. I get it, Stefan. I get that your pissed that Elena dumped you because she has feelings for me. I bet you blame that sire bond for that too."

         Dakota rolled her eyes, stepping in between the brother to prevent a fight that would spur as long as they continued on with the topic of Elena Gilbert. "You two are idiots. The sire bond doesn't create feelings. It amplifies them."

          "You knew this and you never found it important enough to tell me?"

          "I would've, had you and Stefan shut up for ten seconds. You both keep fighting, Stefan won't shut up about the possibility that Elena has a thing for you, and your fighting him because you are finally getting the girl but you are scared that it's only the bond talking."