49

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 49: Dead Barbie

{D. K}

        Dakota stood beside Damon, her eyes subconsciously to the various bottles of liquor that sat haphazardly around the Lockwood Mansion. Since Tyler's father was dead, and his mother being the mayor that worked more than she was home, it was alright for the house to be used as a lair for the supernatural.

        "So, we each take a different entrance, and hit him at the same time." Damon smacked his hands on one another, the loud cracking sound echoing through the ears of the others.

         Everyone stayed quiet, silently judging the idea but liking the idea of Connor dead. "Stefan!" Elena exclaimed, jumping from the large leather chair and running over to the youngest Salvatore who rushed in with wild green eyes.

          Dakota assumed that his abrupt return from his momentary absence was because of the call he got from Tyler, explaining how he received a text saying that Connor was holding people in the Grill hostage, Jeremy being one of them.

         "Where the hell have you been?"

         Stefan glanced at his brother, understanding that he was angry for not returning any of his calls, but if Stefan had answered then he wouldn't have been able to hide the fact that he was helping Klaus find a cure for vampirism. A cure that would make Elena and himself human so they could live out their happily ever after. "Are you coming up with a plan?" He changed the subject quickly, allowing Elena to remain attached to him as she embraced her boyfriend tightly.

          "Yes," Dakota cheered, rubbing her hands on her jeans in excitement. "—I love that hunter right now. Just when I thought that Mystic Falls was getting boring."

          "Matt and Jeremy are in trouble, that's not supposed to be enjoyable for you."

          "Elena, your friends always get themselves in compromising situations, and we always have to save them. Quite frankly, I think that the less friends you have to put in danger, the less rescue missions the Scooby Gang has to waste their time on."

          The olive toned brunettes eyes lowered, the whites of her eyes turning red as the veins beneath her doe-like eyes grew and angry purple. Using her new speed, she ran to Dakota and took her to the ground. But Dakota being much stronger threw her off, reaching an arm up to grab ahold of her neck, efficiently cutting off her airways. "Fresh vampires are my favorite, they're so naive and impulsive. Maybe now, when you get yourself in situations like this, you can get yourself out of them without help from a Salvatore."