34

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 34: Linked As One

{D. K}

"Klaus?" Dakota nervously spoke as she watched him clutch his chest, a gasp passing his lips signifying his pain. "What's wrong?"

"This was a trick," He realized. "Caroline tricked you," Klaus groaned again, his body telling him to go back into the grill. "Something's wrong with Kol."

Both vampires used their enhanced speeds to follow the sound of strained grunting. Klaus went ahead, finding Kol daggered and being dragged away by Alaric. He angrily sped down the stairs, throwing Alaric into the wall, a loud crack following the impact. Stefan received the same fate as he tried to get Klaus away from the man he had began to call a friend.

Once both obstacles were out of the way, Klaus undaggered his little brother, keeping the knife tightly between his fingers as he glared at Damon who stood there cautiously. "I should've killed you months ago."

"Do it," Damon challenged. "That's not going to stop Esther from killing you."

Betrayal flashed in Klaus' eyes as he realized Dakota had been right. "What did you say about my mother?"

"You didn't know I was friends with your mommy?" Damon prodded, his lips quirking up on one side into a lazy smirk. "We have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do."

Dakota used the Salvatore's moment of destraction to pick up Kol and flash over to her car, that was parked in front of The Grill. Caroline stood there, sadness in her wide eyes. "Dakota, I'm sorry."

"Go screw yourself, Caroline."

Caroline ignored the jab, stepping closer, trying to touch Dakota, but the much older vampire held Caroline by her neck, fangs exposed. "I was beginning to enjoy your company Caroline, I almost considered you a friend, but then you had to turn around and stab me in the back with it." A moment of silence passed through the two, and Dakota released the blonde from her tight grip. "Did you ask me to hang out tonight just so you could distract me, or was it a genuine act of kindness?"

"Dakota—"

"Answer me, Caroline."

She sighed, her blue eyes casted downward at her feet. "To distract you, but when we were hanging out that was real. You're an amazing person, and I like being your friend."

Dakota scoffed, shaking her head as she lowered her body into her car. "Clearly not enough."

With that, she drove away, her car traveling to the Mikaelson mansion and with a heavy sigh, Dakota carried Kol fireman style taking him upstairs into a random room.

Klaus stayed at The Grill, anger burning away at his insides. "Leave him," Elijah demands not allowing the hybrid to end Damon's life.