53

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 53: Let Her Go

{D. K}

Dakota stumbled into Elena's house, three hours later wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie. Her hair was pulled up in the messiest bun imaginable with baby hairs and stray pieces clutching onto her earrings and necklace, some even tangling in her eyelashes that had been neglected from makeup. "Bonnie," She shouts happily when she took sight of the girl who had been absent from Mystic Falls since she lost her magic. "—did you do something to your hair?"

Bonnie scrunched her face up, allowing Dakota to pull her in for a tight hug that consisted of Bonnie holding most of Dakota's weight and smelling the booze that was oozing out of her pores. "Is she drunk? It's like two in the afternoon."

"Kota what happened?" Damon asked urgently, turning the older woman to face him with her unfocused brown eyes that couldn't seem to find one item to rest on.

"Like you don't know. My boyfriend sexed vampire Barbie while he was dressed up as Tyler."

Bonnie's thinly waxed eyebrows flew up, her green eyes surprised at the revelation. "So you decided to get day drunk?"

Dakota waved her off, struggling to lift herself onto the granite countertop, but with the help of Damon she finally was able to sit down. For support, Damon stood in front of her, keeping a hand on her knee before she could tumble forward and fall. "Yes, but don't you worry your witchy little mind, Bonnie Bennett, I can promise you that I am just fine. I'm great in fact."

"How so?"

"Because Damon texted me and said that dopplebitch killed the hunter and now she's being haunted by Connor the not-so-friendly ghost."

Damon and Stefan shared a glance, finally getting back on track with the actual problem on hand, that just got loads more tricky now that Dakota and Klaus weren't on a good page. "We called you and Bonnie because Elena disappeared with Klaus."

"That doesn't explain why you called me," Dakota shook her head the whole time she spoke, her voice airy and—well drunk. "—I couldn't give a rats ass about Elena Gilbert, hence why I killed her."

Everyone rolled their eyes at her words, not very surprised at the declaration of murder as they should've been. "Fine." Damon caved. "—I called you because you're going to meet up with Klaus to distract him so we can find her."

A moment passed, and loud laughs began pouring from Dakota's pink lips, sounding out all throughout the kitchen in high pitched tones of joy that sent even Stefan grinning at the alcohol induced jubilance. "No can do, D. You're a douchebag that shoved his hand through in my chest, with intentions to kill me because I wouldn't let you in on my dirty little secret. You mock my pain and salt my wounds by asking me to see the man who cheated on me with a girl who's barely past the legal age." Her smile faded and her brown eyes bored into him with such vulnerability that made Damon's chest hurt. "Please don't make me go."