Chapter 4

Andy's POV

   I woke up and realized I wasn't at my house. I looked at my surroundings, figuring out that I was in a bathroom. Man, my ass hurts like hell from this hard ground. I tried to move, but something was sitting on me. That something was someone and that someone was Emily. Then I remembered yesterday's events.

*Flashback To Yesterday*

I walked up to her house, finding the door open already. Walking inside, I stepped on some stuff that was on the ground. Why was it a mess in here? Last time I was here it wasn't a mess at all. Something in the other room crashed. Quickly I walked towards the living room, where the crash came from. It was a mess as well. I looked around then noticed Emily sitting on the floor. But she was cutting herself, and she was bringing an object to her arm.

"Emily..." I say and she looks up at me, she had red puffy eyes.

"A-Andy, what a-are you d-doing here?" She asks, while I look at her arms.

She starts to cry, and I go up to her. I pull her into a hug, while she sobs into my chest. After a few minutes, I picked her up and carried her to a bathroom. I set her down on the counter and started to clean up her arms. The whole time she was quiet. While I was cleaning her arms I noticed that she had scars, this wasn't the first time. Once I was done I stood in front of her and looked her in the eyes. She looked at me, then looked down starting to cry silently. I pulled her into a hug to try and calm her down. I wasn't gonna ask her any questions right now. I'm just gonna stay here and make sure she's okay, not leave her side. We soon ended up on the floor and she fell asleep. Then a few minutes after, I fell asleep.

*Flashback Ends*

I wonder what happened, what would make her do that to herself? Why did she do it before? Why did she live in this big house alone? I'll ask her once she wakes up, but I need to clean up the mess downstairs. I stood up and carried her to the nearest bedroom. Gently I set her on the bed, and left the room. I walked downstairs and started to clean up.

"Okay, where is the broom?" I ask myself, while I searched for it.

I finally found it, and started to sweep up broken pieces of glass. Picked up some cushions and other stuff that were for decoration I guess. But one thing on the floor did catch my eye. It was a broken picture frame, with a picture of Emily as a baby and her parents. Speaking of parents, she never talked about them.

"Andy?" Someone says and I look up and see Emily at the top of the steps.

"Hey, how are you feeling? I ask her, starting to stand up.

"I'm okay. I guess." She says, as she reaches the last step. "I see you cleaned up.. Thanks." She states with a small smile.

I smile back, then look at the picture again. She walks over and takes the picture frame from my hands.

"Another one added to the collection." She sighs and looks at the picture.

"Collection?" I question.

"There might be about six to seven broke picture frames.. In my parents office.." She says and looks away from the picture.

She starts to walk up the stairs and I follow her. She walks into a room and judging by the looks, I'm guessing it's her parents office. There was a little stack of picture frames on one of the desks. Well broken picture frames actually. She picks the stack up and walks over to me.

"These are all pictures of me and my parents. Some have both my mom and dad in it. Others have just my mom or dad in it." She says.

"Why don't you ever talk about your parents?" I ask, looking at the stack in her hands.