Chapter 25

Emily's POV

   I slowly walk into the bathroom, turning the light on. Looking in the mirror, seeing an image of a girl I was over a year ago. Broken and lost, in need of repairing. I've been hiding out at my Aunt Meredith's house ever since I left the hospital. The only people I have contact with is Sammi and Jinxx. Besides my Aunt Meredith, they're the only ones that know I'm alive.

   I turn the shower on and get in. The hot water against my skin, instantly soothes my nerves. Today Sammi's supposed to check up on me. Last time she did, it wasn't good...

*Flashback*
   I threw the vase on the ground, the water from it spilling everywhere. I pulled on my hair, screaming out.

"Emily stop!" Sammi yelled, rushing over to me.

   She tried to hug me, but I pushed her away. She stumbled backwards, falling on the ground.

"I shouldn't be like this Sammi! I could be alive, not pretending to be dead! You guys just could've went to the police, tell them that Matt is after me! No! I'm fucking "dead" and miserable! Andy's miserable! I saw him, drunk off his ass! Talking about how he wishes I wasn't dead! He got to hold me in his arms for only a few seconds, before Jinxx came in! I'm surprised he didn't question my crying coming from the other room!" I yell, throwing a book at the wall.

"But you're safe!" Sammi protests, standing up.

"I rather be with Andy, have him protect me! Instead of playing dead and safe!" I yell, walking towards her.

"Emi-" She starts to say.

"No. I can't do this anymore. I'm calling Andy." I say, grabbing my phone

"No!" Sammi yells, quickly trying to take the phone.

   I click on his contact, calling his phone. Sammi tries to take the phone from my hand, ending the call. She snatches the phone from my hand, both of us falling backwards.

"You bitch!" I scream, charging at her.

   My Aunt Meredith comes into the room, seeing the scene. She quickly pulls me off of Sammi, before I strangled her to death. Sammi quickly crawls to the wall, putting her phone to her ear. Shaking, she talks to whoever is on the phone.

"J-Jinxx we can't d-do this. S-she needs A-Andy." She stutters, then hangs up.
*Flashback Ends*

   I apologized to Sammi and I still feel bad for what I did to her. Her and Jinxx are only trying to keep me safe from Matt. Matt has been after me since I broke up with him. When he heard I was in the hospital, he took it as a opportunity to take action. While everyone was getting something to eat, he came to the hospital.

*Flashback to a few days after the accident*
   The door to my hospital room opened. Matt walked in, closing the door behind him.

"M-Matt what are you doing here?" I ask, fear rising up.

"Doing something I should've did a long time ago." He says, holding a knife in his hand.

   He charged at me, holding the knife in the air. I screamed out bloody murder, hoping someone would hear. Jinxx and a doctor come running in, tackling Matt to the ground. But it's no use, Matt breaks free and runs out of the room.

"Call security!" The doctor yells out of the room.

   Jinxx walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest, fear still raking through my body.
*Flashback Ends*