Chapter 9

Emily's POV
December 1st, 2014

"And, done!" Sammi says, as she finished my hair.

I took a deep breath, then looked in the mirror. I gasped at my appearance. My gown was the color Crimson, and under it I had black heels. Sammi had styled my hair into a waterfall braid and curled it, creating loose waves. She had also did a smokey eye for my makeup. I'm not very fond about wearing makeup, but Sammi did a really good job.

"You look gorgeous!" Ella exclaims.

"Thank you! But how come you and Liz aren't going?" I asked, after giving her a hug.

"Because she's helping me with decorating." Liz said.

"Decor-" I start to say, but a flash hitting my eyes, stopped me.

"Sammi! You almost blinded her!" Ella yells, taking the camera from Sammi.

"Sorry Em!" Sammi apologizes.

"It's fine, just caught me off guard." I chuckle.

   Sammi's phone buzzed, and the jokers smile falls onto her face. She showed her phone to Ella and Liz, and they all had the same smile. Strange.

"What's going on?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Two words. Mask Time." Liz grins.

***

   Sammi and I walked up to the double doors. We give the man our names, then walked inside. They had a bunch of silver, blue, and black decorations put up. Fake snow was put around the place. Honestly it looked like a winter wonderland.

"Wow.." I say and turn to Sammi.

   Only to not find Sammi there. She was talking to a guy with long black hair. Who is that guy?

"Emily?" Someone asks, from behind me.

  I turn around to see who it was. No.

"Leave me alone." I snap, then walk off.

"We need to talk!" He says, following me.

"No, you need to go fall off a cliff!" I say, starting to pick up the pace.

"Emily!" He says, grabbing my arm.

   I yank my arm back, then slap him. Not caring, that I was causing a scene.

"Fuck off Matt!" I yell, then run into the little maze.

   I take my phone out of my bra, and fumble with unlocking it. Yeah I know. I took it out of my bra. Sammi wouldn't let me bring a clutch. I go to Andy's contact, and call him. He picks up after the first dial.

"Hello?" he answers and I start to calm down.

"Andy. Matt, he's here at the ball. He tried to talk to me." I ramble.

"Hey calm down, don't let him ruin your night." he assures me and I walk into the open area, of the maze.

"This night would be even better if you where here." I sigh and hear a chuckle.

   I know that chuckle anywhere.

"Well looks likes your night just got even better." Andy says, walking out of his hiding place.